Rake/agitation Dredging Work 17th To 29th March

Sorry this alert came in on Friday.

Dear all,

Rake/agitation dredging work will be taking place by a contractor on behalf of the Broads Authority in the Lower Bure from Saturday 17 March 2018 to Thursday 29 March 2018. The work will be carried out at variable times, on the ebb tides between high slack water and low slack water during daylight hours.

The start location is at Bure Mouth to Vauxhall Bridge, then during this time period they will working upstream to Great Yarmouth Yacht Station. The vessel carrying out the work will have a slow speed and restricted manoeuvrability. The vessel will display the appropriate day shapes (ball, diamond, ball) and up and downstream signage will warn of the work ahead.

Navigators are requested to take extra care when passing and follow any instructions/directions of the crew.

Kind regards

Tom

Tom Waterfall

Digital Communications Officer

Tel: +44 (0) 1603 756034

Mob: +44 (0) 7769 696117

Twitter: @BroadsAuth

Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road. Norwich NR1 1RY
01603 610734
www.broads-authority.gov.uk

Not quite the same as an agitated old rake!
The mud is stirred up so the ebb tide can carry it out to sea. Reports from elsewhere suggest that it will be very successful.

Some people seem to be saying it just moves the problem downstream.
Do you think that isn’t true because of the relatively high flow rates on the Broads will move the silt well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, JohnK said:

Do you think that isn’t true because of the relatively high flow rates on the Broads will move the silt well?

Not only me but also independant reports by people with experience and knowledge of the technique.

18 hours ago, JohnK said:

Down stream of where they are trying this, is near enough the sea, we all know how strong the current  is there, I would think at that area it should be quite successful.

• Like 1