Selling Boats

oceandawn

We put ours up for £29,950 to start with ,  dropped it (on Brokers suggestion) to £26,000,    nothing happened until a lady who finally bought it offered £18,000 on the Brokers recommendation (makes you wonder who they work for) in the end we accepted £20,000.  We were fed up to the back teeth with it all, it is so emotional.    So despite the fact that she cost us £24,000 (we had 9 good years and happy times) and spent around £20,000 on her we took the £20,000.        We could have held out but it just made us sad.  Had I not have been ill for two years I think we would still have her but life moves on and we now hire.

9 hours ago, oceandawn said:

Hi.Yes it is an Ocean.Came from Cambridge original gelcoat never been hired.virtually rebuilt. Everything really from galle y, heads stainless work ,canopy.The list is endless somewhere in the region of 45k spent.Wasted money really. The ,bow thruster makes it really easy to handle.It has been out of the water every year since 2012.in fact out now having the galley with new  cooker granite top.No osmosis at all.As for price.Valued last year at 28k .But as you say an old boat!

Sounds like a top example, there will not be many left in original gel and this should command a premium. The thing is with GRP boats is you can refit them to better than new, re-engine them with the latest powertrain, but once they are painted there is no going back.

I seem to lose the conversations to Simondo.However the list of works done is endless mostly done by Phil at Moonfleet, and now with Paul at Swancraft. As it has always been in private hands the internal fit is different to most Oceans.All the wood is sapele  with loads of storage, but the previous owner had messed with it a bit so we commissioned Phil to restore it as close to the original as possible.He described the condition for it's age as exceptional.We live 3 hours + away  so were are not able to do much ourselves.I have some mobility issues and we seem to spend more time at our caravan. Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. I have enjoyed reading your experiences .When we are down again we will probably pop around to NYA and ask them to have a look.

• Like 1

oceandawn, I don’t think you ‘lose the conversations to simondo’, they are just different experiences or opinions and that’s what forum exchange is all about. You have encouraged some very worthwhile exchanges here I think. I hope things go your way and you achieve what you want. From what you have said your boat has been looked after and cherished and that will be obvious I’m sure to anyone looking seriously at it. Sadly we seldom get back what we shell out on our boats but that’s just the way it is and at least we all know that. Good luck. 

• Haha 1

Hi Oceandawn. Why not have a word with these people.

http://www.broadlandyachtbrokers.co.uk/about-us

Pam (and Tim) Waters have been expanding their business  and can probably give you a really good deal. Tim Waters is better known for BSS examination. They usually have a small stand at the Horning Boat Show.

Should you want to go down the big broker route I cannot recommend NYA highly enough for their excellent service.

As for the broker at st olaves.........barge pole comes to mind.  

Colin:default_drinks:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oceandawn said:

Where is BGM? We were in Richardson's wet she'd before moving to Brundall. I do agree about the brokers.I am enjoying these exchanges.I don't usually post.

Sorry,  Brundall Gardens Marina.

A very nice looking Ocean 30 was moored there for a while.

57 minutes ago, oceandawn said:

No Vanessan you have misunderstood this.When I said that I had lost the conversation from Simondo.I meant just that.They appear on my email but not on the forum.No other meaning.

Ooops, apologies! Whatever, I meant what I said in the rest of the post. :default_coat:

Hi Oceandawn you havent lost the messages they are in your message box known as Private Messages or PMs. I asked you for some specifics privately as I didn't want to assume you would like the info in the forum section. Yes a tad confusing but look under your messages  (sent items) and you will find them. If not I'll post your last reply

Cheers

for private messages,

if you are on a laptop or pc then its the envelope icon top right of the page, if you are on a mobile device, at the top right there is a set of 3 bars this opens a menu, where the options show the envelope top right again

pm 1.JPG

pm2.JPG

pm3.JPG