Got Home To A 3 Hour Powercut

Cockatoo

Got to ask was the street out doing the gossip routine, Up here the electric goes off and eveyone goes outside and talks never any other time.

Where I used to live I got a text one Saturday night about 2330 saying power cut dont rush home. I was hour away at mates and drove home and they were still outside. I went inside put laptop on for light made a brew and went outside.

They couldn't understand how I had a brew in my hand. MAGIC I boiled a pan of water wih GAS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This was a Disco, it was recycling itself into iron oxide when I took it swimming and my snorkel to airbox seal wasn't good enough and killed the engine. True the engine could have been rebuilt but combined with the welding it was kinder to let her go.

TBF it did get me home running on 2 to 3 cylinders. I did take the head off, just to see, and the camshaft had snapped, a few valves were bent but the kicker was the fact that at TDC one piston was about 1/16th of an inch below the top of the block 

Ooops

un compressable water being compressed not good....

I'm a bit kinder to my 1984 110, it's got a galvanised chassis, Bulkhead and door frames, LSD, Stainless exhaust. a disco 200TDI Engine and transfer box. So now I get 32 to the gallon (diesel).

It got me through several of the recent snow drifts on the way to work that a car would have been stuck in.