Broadshaven Tavern

Chelsea14Ian

They’ve had a couple of private events already.
A lot of work has been done on the inside.
Everyone local who’s said anything to me says its opening.
I was told there’s a dispute over material to be used on the outside hence the outside not being done yet but I don’t know if that’s true.

Outside still looked really tatty today, but somebody told me there’s a thriving delivery service of pizzas and burgers etc operating from the kitchens for several months; people phone and order and they deliver.  Also heard the story of at least one private event there recently, and that the target is to open for Easter.  Hopefully the tatty outside will not put visitors off.

1 hour ago, FreedomBoatingHols said:

I know nothing of any food service from the Broadshaven

I heard from a couple of sources locally that they were running a pizza delivery service but for delivery only i.e. you couldn't collect.

But otherwise I can't confirm either way.

3 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I heard from a couple of sources locally that they were running a pizza delivery service but for delivery only 

Yes.  I’ve heard that from a friend who has taken advantage of the delivery service, and recommends the pizzas. I live outside the delivery range so cannot personally verify.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, johnm said:

I was passing today and noticed their own opening schedule displayed on the wall :default_icon_e_smile:

DSC_0730.JPG

For their own sakes I hope that they paint the fascia and modernise the outside, like get rid of that tired 1970's blockwork and the white plastic garden chairs. Good luck to them but it has to look inviting.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

For their own sakes I hope that they paint the fascia and modernise the outside, like get rid of that tired 1970's blockwork and the white plastic garden chairs. Good luck to them but it has to look inviting.

I couldn't agree more!!!! It has never looked inviting, or a place I would enjoy my surroundings, even though it's next to the river.