A Spring Tale

Sunday 25th March

Finishing work at 8 a.m. I immediately set off home to pick up the last couple of items to take with me (the youngest and the dog) having packed up everything else before going to work the previous night.

It was a beautiful sunny March morning showing 3°C when I set off but a promise of a high of 11°C later on.

The journey was uneventful but we made good progress with the roads relatively quiet in comparison to the usual journey.

Around 3 hours later we were unloading the car, the youngest helping to sort out the extra large load of baggage and supplies because we are indeed away for 13 nights :default_party0018:

So with the sunshine out and the roof pulled open we sorted out the boat before sitting and having a breather to decide what we were going to do with the day.

The first thing I did was help myself to a G&T, just to help ease my tired mind ofcourse.

20180325_132956.thumb.jpg.137508568e3b3221e8ac2f71263d6af5.jpg

20180325_133008.thumb.jpg.615af970d67a79977171f9dfb58e310f.jpg

20180325_133015.thumb.jpg.864fe3812eada952620f51fcb1105afd.jpg

20180325_144947.thumb.jpg.e3d64af240dc7f1bb1a455bd23db4e23.jpg

After a short walk for the dog we set out towards Norwich to see how busy it was and take a slow cruise in the sunshine.

20180325_145949.thumb.jpg.14ec6957661d121914f6be10ce1ff7b3.jpg

All moorings along the way were being used but far from full, the river was actually quite busy, or maybe that's just how it seemed after having the water to myself the last couple of visits. I'm expecting next week to be busier still, especially as I plan to head up north later in the week.

20180325_153104.thumb.jpg.661890417d3996892c4341e075b3b98c.jpg

Reaching Brammerton with plenty of space available we were about to moor up for the evening when the daughter decided to tell me that she had forgotten something, which was left in a bag, that now sat in the boot of the car back at Brundall.

So turning the boat around off we set off back to Brundall to moor up where we had started from to unload the car we had just left to try and find the aforementioned item.

Never mind, it filled an afternoon where we had no plans.

20180325_170728.thumb.jpg.b5cc5aaaf5a9a2ef3a34f5ac2ee38be6.jpg

So after that we headed for a drink in the Yare, which I personally like but I get why it has mixed opinions and certain people don't like it :default_smiley-angelic002: (contentious picture incoming :default_biggrin:)

20180325_172045.thumb.jpg.79c3bc62da7f12d6e76987aa48489efa.jpg

before heading back to the boat for tea, some wonderful company and a relatively early night having been at work, after a slow steady enjoyable day to break into the holiday pace of life.

20180325_180734.thumb.jpg.16d830b7aaae0ffbc4322580826f031b.jpg

Hope you make it at the weekend

I know what you mean about the menu. Maybe you should use your professional knowledge to persuade them :default_biggrin:

We are on Moonlight Shadow moored at Brooms mate.

13 minutes ago, SueH said:

Jay.  That looks like we have a new neighbour.  It appears that Royal Sussex is no longer there?

I must admit I haven't seen the owner for quite a while.

Sue

Yes, I have spoken to both the man and woman onboard although I have forgotten there names now. I haven't noticed the name of the boat either, but I will have a look.

The woman was here when I came in February and I have only seen the guy this time around. They are both very friendly.

7 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I assume that's my glass of wine on the roof? :default_wink: Have a great time babe

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

There is always one chilling, ready for you Grace :default_smiley-angelic002:

3 minutes ago, Londonlad1985 said:

Lovely photos! Looks like you'll get a decent crack at the weather! :1311_thumbsup_tone2:

Thanks mate. I think the good weather may end today, it's all good though nevertheless.

20 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

Hope you make it at the weekend

I know what you mean about the menu. Maybe you should use your professional knowledge to persuade them :default_biggrin:

We are on Moonlight Shadow moored at Brooms mate.

I think the land Lord is a chap named Michael. He is a Chelsea fan like myself,not so sure he or the chef would take my advice. 

34 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Great pictures JF, thanks for sharing :91_thumbsup:

Not sure about the little French number though :default_norty: 

She is from Sussex not France Mr Nog :default_biggrin:

Ohhh the lager

Thanks all I will catch up later  

3 hours ago, SueH said:

Jay.  That looks like we have a new neighbour.  It appears that Royal Sussex is no longer there?

I must admit I haven't seen the owner for quite a while.

Sue

Hi Sue, Royal Sussex(Ocean 37)is currently round at NYA, we poked our noses at her on Saturday but apparently she had just been sold...

17 minutes ago, WherryNice said:

Hi Sue, Royal Sussex(Ocean 37)is currently round at NYA, we poked our noses at her on Saturday but apparently she had just been sold...

That's her, not young but a good looking boat.

Sue

8 minutes ago, Katiew said:

Lovely photo- wine, on a boat, on a river, under a blue sky and there is even a shadow! Does it get any better? 

:default_biggrin:

Thank you. I try and be creative with some pictures, others like this one I get lucky :default_biggrin:

It wasn't my glass of wine of course, I was just keeping an eye on it for someone :default_smiley-angelic002:

But you are correct it really is hard to beat. :default_smile:

Yes, but I’m afraid we took the wrong turning! sorry!

Well we didn’t really take the wrong turning, we just decided that the tides would be more in our favour if we went up the Yare first and then make for the Waveney later in the week. Sketchey plan at the moment is to stay where we are in Loddon until after lunch tomorrow, stop somewhere further up the Yare where there’s shore power tomorrow night (Rockland, Surlingham Ferry, Coldham Hall?), Norwich the Wednesday, then aim for the Waveney on Thursday.

Another great day weather wise!

Helen

• Like 4