Touch-up Required

The sign-written names on our boat are looking a bit worse for wear and require a bit of a touch-up. Does anyone know a reasonably priced, competent local sign-writer who does this kind of work? Royal Academy skill-levels would be fine, but can't afford Royal Academy prices.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

I can't help but thought I would comment because on the new Sheerline, these have had hand painted names - which are themselves faded and it is interesting to see how people differ - the previous owner wanted painted, you wish to have the same and yet myself prefer Vinyl for the fact when fade it is easy to remove and re-apply new graphics.

You might find it hard to get someone to do it, but perhaps Hunters Yard would be a good place to begin since I would presume their fleet has traditional painted names on them and not vinyl.

• Like 1

Couldn't find a decent sign writer when we were wanting the name on our transom. Eventually got some custom made vinyl lettering which does the job. Bloke from Lowestoft did it, can't recall his name but he has a shop which does all sorts of graphics. 

I suppose the old Dymo label maker is out the question?

I had to basically do the line design for our Falcon logos as they are discontinued for obvious reasons, sent them to the guys below and the results were superb.

I would highly recommend them very good price wise too.

Falcon.docx

VinylRevolutionLimited MarlboroughHouse HeritageGate,SandyLane West Oxford OX46LB UnitedKingdom
5abd396db88cd_IMG_1962(2).jpg.f4241a0ae84a02e94b24e2b5ff7ad425.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grendel said:

I think I have a dymo machine that does 1" wide lettering stored away somewhere.

That is pretty big for a dymo! The tape in mine is only 10mm. (I got it from work as a joke becuase I kept leaving crucial details off my drawings) I'm happy to make tiny boat labels for the forum :4_joy:

Ours were originally  silver/grey as below, just thought i'd get a bit bolder colour to match the under hull.

Thought it was a reasonable job, trouble is even hunting on the web I couldn't find the original patterns.

IMG_1856.thumb.JPG.fa8520b06a12c9768dcdd4a9601b958f.JPG

Thanks guys. I have a set of vinyl names but I am reluctant to remove the original sign-writting as I feel that they are more "in-keeping" with the boat.  I will deploy as a last resort, but in the meantime, will ask at Hunters, as Robin suggests. A lot of boats on the Broads still have sign-written names so there must be someone out there who does it.