Nanni Instrument Panel Backlighting

On Trixie I have the standard 'old style' Nanni engine instrument panel. See the photo below:

9185e2f5d0f25e00a5b3cdb4afd327ce.jpg

Only the volt meter and engine hours gauge illuminate. Since I am not able to remove the panel to see what type of bulb it takes, I wonder if anyone knows so I can order replacements ready for next time I go down.

Will probably be 286 in white or green, could also be 509t depends on voltage, 6,12 or 24, 509 are similar to 286 but are fitted with a holder that fits into printed circuits. you can get them on ebay. hope that makes sense.

paul

Edited by scaniaman
change of number

get some Nixie bulbs, they last forever!
image.png.2f75075ea10a1affaa61850017e32ae5.png
Wow, some blast from the past - the Burroughs Nixie tube.
Used in their desktop calculators in the late 1960s, I installed the first two UK models in BICC. Some old stocks of tubes are still around, and I believe someone's trying to make new ones.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was working on a project at Taffs Well in South Wales and had one of those calculators. It took up nearly all the boot of my Triumph Spitfire.

We had one that that was fitted with a comtometer keyboard as well. But I never could get the hang of them.

• Haha 1