Vape Friendly Pubs

Hi Steve,

Can you help me out?  What does it mean if a pub says it’s  ‘Vape friendly’? Is it an allocated area for vaping (or whatever the term is), in a similar way that some pubs allow dogs only in the bar?  I ask ‘cos I’ve been avoiding pubs that say they’re vape friendly when maybe I don’t need to.

Hope this question will be taken in the spirit it’s offered...I don’t mean to suggest it’s something that shouldn’t be an option for people.

Helen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Hi Steve,

Can you help me out?  What does it mean if a pub says it’s  ‘Vape friendly’? Is it an allocated area for vaping (or whatever the term is), in a similar way that some pubs allow dogs only in the bar?  I ask ‘cos I’ve been avoiding pubs that say they’re vape friendly when maybe I don’t need to.

Hope this question will be taken in the spirit it’s offered...I don’t mean to suggest it’s something that shouldn’t be an option for people.

Helen

It usually means they allow vaping as long as people are sensible. Most say low power only and none of this cloud chasing rubbish that is for show only.

25 minutes ago, KaptinKev said:

I'm sure many of you have seen someone vape from inside their car and it makes you feel like calling the fire brigade, so if pubs become vape friendly, I do hope they have a turbo extractor fan!:default_biggrin:

Yesterday I was walking behind someone smoking a vapes and I got their full vaper, not nice and I think it was worse than a smoker :default_coat:.

Regards

Marina :default_stinky:

45 minutes ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

Dog friendly pubs, Yes, but please no to vaper friendly pubs.

All pubs have a smoking area in a covered area on the outside.

Regards

Absolutely.  

It is still not proven (so far as I know) that they are any safer, in their own way, than normal cigarettes.

Sue

• Like 1

As an ex 60 a day smoker myself.... I haven’t really a problem with vaping or smokers.... the only problem I’ve got now is some vapes let out more vape smoke than a red arrow display team... and half of the vaper smokers just love to see how much vape smoke feels the room up..... 

Now I was still smoking when the smoking ban was introduced into the pubs.. big uproar at the time and smokers took the ban and huddled up outside under a heated light bulbs outside there pubs country wide....  it became life... and still is for smokers...

So Really I think letting people vape in a no smoking establishment should be a no no....  

Sorry to be sounding grumpy git to....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I to used to smoke 40 plus a day.Sometimes 60 then 12 years ago I gave up thanks to patches. At the time I was working at Abbey Road and you could smoke inside,against advice I had a few drinks with one of the guys who was leaving. Of course everyone was smoking. Then I quite liked it.Now I don't,I am not anti smoking or for that matter anti vapping.If people wish to do so fair enough but not inside public buildings.By the way when I did smoke I did not like Smokey pubs,clubs etc.

I understand that the Sutton Staith is vape friendly, but I also seem to remember that the vaper (Note not vapour) is to keep the smog to a minimum.

I too had a 60 a day habit which I gave up in the 90s. Only one cigar since, which I have to admit I didn't enjoy, but that aside, I'm interested in the objections are based on. Health or smell.

I am unaware of any health issues regarding 2nd hand vapour, but can agree that the smell can be rather sickly. Were they to develop an odour free vape, I would have no objection at all. Further, if they developed a vape that killed germs, this could be a positive health benefit for both the vaper and those around him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, YnysMon said:

I must admit I’m not a fan of vaping, but can we perhaps allow this thread to get back to Steve’s question?

Please do then I'll know which places to avoid. Banning smoking

from pubs and such like was a godsend to me as I used to avoid

going in so as to not breathe in those fumes. Any place that allows

Vaping inside will not get my custom. 

• Like 7

14 hours ago, SweetKingfisher1 said:

Dog friendly pubs, Yes, but please no to vaper friendly pubs.

All pubs have a smoking area in a covered area on the outside.

Regards

Hear, hear!! I find vaping as being totally anti social in these enlightened times. 

• Like 4

I knew vaping was big business now and it made me google vape friendly pubs. This came up https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/ and really made me look! All the different gadgets etc. Anyway, there doesn’t seem to be any guide to vaping pubs yet so Steve’s idea of drawing one up for the Broads would be useful for some. I hate all the smoke/vapour some of these give off so I have to be honest and say that I hope ‘vape pubs’ don’t become too popular. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

All this says is that the vaping is safer than smoking for the smoker because of the lack of tar and carbon monoxide. It doesn't say it is safe for anybody in the vicinity of the vaper.

In fact it isn't as the vapes contain nicotine and the vaper will exhale some of this nicotine thus poisoning people in the vicinity with an unwanted drug.

I must admit I'm struggling to recall a Broads pub where vaping has been going on inside but there again I've not been especially looking. 

I'm also an ex smoker (gave up just before the smoking ban) but I like to think I keep an open mind about smoking generally and don't get too worried if someone is smoking near me

However I have on occasions seen people vaping  in pubs up here in a flamboyant manner, almost like look I can do this which I must admit I find quite annoying 

Having said all this, Mrs Nog is currently back on the fags but that's another story! :default_norty:

• Like 1

Ooh I almost posted a 5 paragraph rant about vaping, but deleted it as it was unfair on Steve's thread.

I don't know about vape friendly pubs, sorry, but I know if someone sits blowing vapour into my face I'd be straight out of there.

Regarding health, although they are supposed to be much better than cigarettes (their original intention was to allow people to cut down or stop) the latest studies already show they contain carcinogens and toxins (why weren't proper studies done before mass marketing) and the chargers also have a fire safety issue but I think I am starting to rant again now so I will step away :default_biggrin:

I have no trouble accepting people vaping - on the same terms as those smoking cigarettes (ie in designated areas). we had one person in our office who would vape at her desk (next to mine), and while the smell was better than cigarettes, it wasnt my idea of fun, so I was glad when the office rules on smoking were updated to include vaping (ie outside in the smokers area)

• Like 4

Jayfire

Where did youget your facts from about the toxins and the carcinogens.

The FDA in america are spreading so many poor press aboutvaping because so many states in america were paid and are still taking extortionate amounts of money from the american tobacco companies that they are running scared of people stopping smoking and they will have no moremoney coming frombig tobacco.

Read the reports from the uk health department who say they are 95% better than smoking and recommend them to people who wish to quit

6 minutes ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Read the reports from the uk health department who say they are 95% better than smoking and recommend them to people who wish to quit

It seems to me that it has somewhat progressed from being an aid to quitting smoking. In the early days you would see someone with an ecig almost trying to hide it as they smoked. Nowadays these things seem everywhere and I believe people who have never smoked have actually taken up vaping! 

• Like 1