1 Week Today

Simon

Well it's almost time to move our boat to Brundall, have to say I'm really looking forward to it, feel like a kid approaching Christmas.

Friday afternoon sometime when we arrive we will be washing her down and putting the canopy back up ect.

but on the Saturday I'd like to take a trip out of the marina, but where to go for our first trip out / over night stay on the southern broads,

ive been reading threads and looking at pictures for weeks, thanks to Jayfire I now know of one or two pubs :default_biggrin: 

Hello Simon,

If you only want to go a short distance then I would suggest the Ferry House Inn Surlingham (you had better book a mooring and a table) or at Brammerton Green or outside the Waters Edge (book a mooring and a table).

Further afield you could visit Loddon and moor in the staithe, there are four pubs to choose from, alternatively you could moor at the Reedham Ferry (you can book a mooring outside of the pub).

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Loddon or Reedham are appealing to me as I like the small villages, good to have a wander around.

Think it will take me about 3hours from Brundall to Loddon so I should be there around lunchtime, not sure how much mooring space is available but if no space then I can always try my luck at Reedham.

I even hear we might actually see some sunshine that weekend

Just need to watch these pub meals, to many chips just doesn't agree with my waistline.

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

Just need to watch these pub meals, to many chips just doesn't agree with my waistline.

Moor at Chedgrave Common or Pye’s Mill then you can walk into Loddon and back. That way you won’t feel guilty about those chips! Much quieter moorings too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Simon said:

Well it's almost time to move our boat to Brundall, have to say I'm really looking forward to it, feel like a kid approaching Christmas.

Friday afternoon sometime when we arrive we will be washing her down and putting the canopy back up ect.

but on the Saturday I'd like to take a trip out of the marina, but where to go for our first trip out / over night stay on the southern broads,

ive been reading threads and looking at pictures for weeks, thanks to Jayfire I now know of one or two pubs :default_biggrin: 

Hi Simon, I have only just seen this. I'm glad my pub tour, sorry blog has come in handy :default_biggrin:

You really can't go wrong with many, if any infact, moorings on the south and many good suggestions have already been mentioned.

Loddon is one of my personal picks of the best if you want a village mooring, I doubt you will have any problem getting a mooring either in the Staithe or as suggested the moorings before you reach the Staithe this weekend.

Hope you enjoy wherever you end up

Well tomorrow's the big moving day, really chuffed about the weather being so good. Our new adventure on the broads begins.

ive spent a few days this week carrying out a few jobs, anti fouling, polishing the hull  and servicing the outdrives, found a  nice bit of fishing line had damaged an oil seal which resulted in wearing a groove in a drive shaft which thankfully was repairable. 

Looking forward to a pint in the Yare tomorrow night.

• Like 2

Hi simon.

We have been moored at brundall for just over 3 weeks, prior to that we were at horning. Best move we could have made. I arrived down here about half an hour ago and am sat up on the bridge just chillng out after the drive, its a beautiful evening!!

Good luck with the move

Cheers

Trev

• Like 2

8 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

Hi simon.

We have been moored at brundall for just over 3 weeks, prior to that we were at horning. Best move we could have made. I arrived down here about half an hour ago and am sat up on the bridge just chillng out after the drive, its a beautiful evening!!

Good luck with the move

Cheers

Trev

Good to hear your pleased with the move Trev.

Just thought i would update this thread as we've had a great first weekend on the broads. Already met loads of friendly people whilst out an about.

Our boat Castaway arrived friday afternoon, brought over by Paul from Chillout Solutions.

20180420_150534.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Simon,

are you moored in Brooms, if so, whereabouts?. We`re moored on the first riverside mooring downriver from the fuel quay, the boat`s called Lightning, and is a 43ft Brooms built ex hire cruiser. We won`t be about till June 16th, so will look out for you if you`re there.

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Simon,

are you moored in Brooms, if so, whereabouts?. We`re moored on the first riverside mooring downriver from the fuel quay, the boat`s called Lightning, and is a 43ft Brooms built ex hire cruiser. We won`t be about till June 16th, so will look out for you if you`re there.

Yes we are moored in Brooms, on the old sales pontoon, last mooring nearest the first riverside property if that makes sense, 

you must be close to us then, I will look out for you