Newbie Requires Help

Donnyboy

Hi all newbie on this forum so apologies for daft questions. Coming back to broads next year after too many years away, looking at hiring radiant emblem from ferry marina next april,but I am seriously doubting weather she will go under Ludham bridge it says she is 8 ft 8 advice needed thanks

12 minutes ago, Donnyboy said:

Hi all newbie on this forum so apologies for daft questions. Coming back to broads next year after too many years away, looking at hiring radiant emblem from ferry marina next april,but I am seriously doubting weather she will go under Ludham bridge it says she is 8 ft 8 advice needed thanks

Hello Donnyboy,

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding Ludham bridge you might find it tight even at low water. Fair Diplomat (basically a cut down  Birchwood 340) airdraft is 8 foot 6 inches and manages to get under Ludham on a good tides.

Regards

Alan

24 minutes ago, Donnyboy said:

Can't see a issue with a 50 ft stick on only a bit of wood sorry only joking

Enough throttle will get it through.....

In answer to the original question, moor up and walk under with a tape measure if not sure, if the gauge says 8'8" you will get through for sure, I have got under at 8'8" when the gauge has said 8'2" and had clearance, I can't be sure the BA have not changed the gauges since hence the tape measure suggestion but I doubt they have.

Welcome to the forum!

We can go under Ludham, but only at low tide I think, and I'm sure we are 8ft6 or thereabouts. Am also v nervous about the gauges- I like a good bit of breathing space- chopping the top off is my recurring nightmare :default_baby:

Perhaps give the yard a call beforehand re booking?