Diy Sos (forum Style)

As a lot of people on here know Timbo has been restoring Royal Tudor, you may also know he has not been very well this year and Royal Tudor has taken a back seat.

Over a drink a week or so ago some of us came up with a plan to get RT restoration going again.   I cannot do it own my own so We have decided a work party weekend probably sometime in May but date to be confirmed to get things started.  What I’m after is willing volunteers who can spare some time from a couple of hours to the whole weekend who can either do sanding, painting and of course woodwork.

I am happy to provide tea and coffee and a bacon sandwich to those that attend I can also offer Nipper as somewhere to stay if you need accommodation overnight.

If your happy to help out please either PM me or reply below.

I am doing this with Timbo’s blessing.

Doug.

93643447-A851-4CFD-ADCF-B8DFF90069A4.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I often watch Diy Sos, it normally reduces me to tears as it shows how caring people can be to fellow human beings. When I read this it also brought a tear to my eye, what a wonderful idea and so very generous and kind, makes me proud to be a member of this forum

I can't help sadly, two young children, work etc, given the fact I have no knowledge whatsoever on how to restore a woody I'd be afraid I might break a nail :default_biggrin:

Good luck with it everyone and get well soon Timbo :default_icon_kiss:

Grace

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

What dates have you in mind? Don't know what I can do to help (Most people would say "stay away") but I'll try to be available.

Well you can always take over Timbos role of coffee boy / tool holder.

I’m not sure where Timbo lives but I think he posted he was in Lincoln hospital. If he lives not too far from there I could pick up anything he needs at the boat and / or bring back anything he wants off the boat at home. I’m just outside Grantham and regularly travel to the Broads. That offer is regardless of whether I can make the DIY SOS weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JohnK said:

I’m not sure where Timbo lives but I think he posted he was in Lincoln hospital. If he lives not too far from there I could pick up anything he needs at the boat and / or bring back anything he wants off the boat at home. I’m just outside Grantham and regularly travel to the Broads. That offer is regardless of whether I can make the DIY SOS weekend.

i live in scunthorpe, tim in gainsborough,i am already lined up as transport to and from norfolk as and when, as i can call on my way  through,i do ring and call on tim quite often,, if i'm not available you could do the honours

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do we have any firm dates?

I would come up and help and we could use B.A which could be used as floating accommodation and have more space onboard than Nipper.

B.A is booked out currently between 4th and 8th May so could not be then, we also have the Forum meet 18th - 20th. Otherwise it is looking free. Perhaps a good idea might be from the 11th?

• Like 1

Looking at Doug's photo above, it is clear that all the work cannot be done in a weekend! So perhaps a good start can be made with sanding and filling on the weekend of the 11th, followed by more work later on.

I can't be there for the 11th as my ferry bookings and hotels etc., are booked for later, but I have offered a full week from Sunday, 27th. I get a feeling that this is when progressive coats of paint and varnish will be needed!

perhaps with consecutive effort over several weekends by several teams a great deal might be achieved, we have 2 bank holiday weekends in the month, which gives extra days for work, the only tricky weekend is the may meet when most of us will be at Salhouse. (Idly wonders if she can be got into the water before then and sailed around so work can continue at Salhouse)

• Like 1