A Bite To Eat

Betty1

I know that everyone has their favourite pub to eat at and I love hearing recommendations, but for a quick bite/fast food where is your favourite? Mine is the burger bar at Potter Heigham. Good food and good service.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

35 minutes ago, Betty1 said:

I know that everyone has their favourite pub to eat at and I love hearing recommendations, but for a quick bite/fast food where is your favourite? Mine is the burger bar at Potter Heigham. Good food and good service.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Acle Bridge Inn has always been my favourite, and never slow at providing.

I would also give a massive thumbs up for the Bridge, to me the benchmark of how a good pub should be run

The Potter burger van is excellent for a 'stand up' style pit stop. We use it a lot in winter ie out of season and it's noticeable how popular it is with the locals.,

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, grendel said:

the chip shop just off the bridge at Wroxham.

There are No chip shops in Wroxham.:default_biggrin:

There are however several in Hoveton,

Greys , Kens and the Golden fish,  others that may provide chips, but may have as their primary supply, things like kebabs...

So which one?

The Chip Inn in Long Stratton, another beef dripping establishment.

Yes I know it's not on the boards but its a part of our journey when we use the Harwich ferry or get an early train. (shuts at 21:30 so get there early)

Yes Ken was not a happy bunny when the new sit down and take out chippy opened right opposite to him.

I used to go in when that new place was a cafe but not since it's the chippy it now is. They use polystyrene trays not paper so a downer for me that is. The old place used to do a stunning plate pie, was gorgeous. I love plate pie cos I'm northern you see.

Plate pie and buttered muffin.... tell me to stop I'm salivating......

OMG it's torture can't get pie of of my head now, I'm going for a lie down.

M

• 2 weeks later...

Big fan of the Bridge at Acle, nothing out of this world, but just decent pub grub, decent portions, sensible pricing and a great welcome, we will be making a point of stopping there in October, also rated the Lion @ Thurne, so will be heading there too, and hopefully the white horse @ Neatishead this year as the tide times are slightly more favourable for Omega and Ludham Bridge...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Simon said:

Not really a fast food lover but we really enjoyed the fish and chips at Loddon.

Hi Simon,

Fish & chips hardly comes under the heading of fast food, when ever think of fast food I think of a dodgy burger or MacDonald's version of a so called breakfast. 

The Chippy at Loddon is well worth a try, the same can be said for the one at Blofield (near to the school).

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Simon,

Fish & chips hardly comes under the heading of fast food, when ever think of fast food I think of a dodgy burger or MacDonald's version of a so called breakfast. 

The Chippy at Loddon is well worth a try, the same can be said for the one at Blofield (near to the school).

Regards

Alan

I think you’ll find that, by definition, fish and chips are classed as fast food. At the better end of the scale though I would have thought. 

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Simon,

Regards

Alan

I tend to favour the theory; does it come on a plate (also plank/slate/insert other non disposable culinary substrate here) if yes then it’s not fast food, this does get blurry though when you get a burger, or fish and chips at a pub, but no rule is infallible...

1 hour ago, JamesLV said:

I tend to favour the theory; does it come on a plate (also plank/slate/insert other non disposable culinary substrate here) if yes then it’s not fast food, this does get blurry though when you get a burger, or fish and chips at a pub, but no rule is infallible...

That’s a good theory. I cook fish and chips and even homemade burgers and chips at home and they are definitely not fast food! 

15 minutes ago, vanessan said:

That’s a good theory. I cook fish and chips and even homemade burgers and chips at home and they are definitely not fast food! 

I had to add all the ‘non-plates’ as living just outside Brighton more or less anything goes...