Overstaying On 24 Hour Moorings

Bob Dylan is more my style. Folk used to go mad in coffee bars if you put on a load of Dylan, Guthrie and Donovan. No taste some folk, even when you gave them Joan Boaz, Joni Mitchell and Sandy Denny they still moaned.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hylander said:

If it was a genuine reason for stayed the BA would not have slapped a notice on his boat.  

But have they? Have you spoken to the BA, or owner?, or are you relying on the word of an anonymous poster called ******** from another forum? Who off course must be 100% right! or are they? we just may never know for sure, certainly not sure enough to start repeating the information as fact.

I would have thought EastcoastIPA, a more relevant question would have been, Would the Ranger have been aware of the circumstances at the time of issuing any ticket ?

I am in complete agreement with Ricado in that the owner should have made it clear to the BA of the situation, which, if a ticket HAS been issued, he has not. but that's another matter. I also agree with him that it was thoughtless of the skipper to take up the water point and electricity post for that period

I do not believe that the owner has any obligation to inform members of the general public, and that apart perhaps from informing the BA of the POSSIBILITY that there is an unauthorised overstay, It is none of the general publics business. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EastCoastIPA said:

But have they? Have you spoken to the BA, or owner?, or are you relying on the word of an anonymous poster called ******** from another forum? Who off course must be 100% right! or are they? we just may never know for sure, certainly not sure enough to start repeating the information as fact.

Yes I spoke to the BA.   I would rather speak to the horses mouth.    I often email them about things on the Broads and they are always but always polite and kind with their replies.    Dont lose any sleep  about it which is exactly what Clive said.   Whatever the reason the BA were aware of the situation and were dealing with it.     They have procedures to follow like everyone else.

Can we go back to discussing choices of music far more interesting.    Thank goodness the ship has sailed as far as the OP question.   Sorry for the pun.

Ecliptic mix, you got a space going Juke Box ??

As for Timbo surpassing himself , I hope the nurse cleaned it all up and gave you fresh pants mate...

Sometimes this forum is just sooooooo fantastically bonkers it just takes your breath away with joy at the fun folks can have with words rather than fight with them Hooooraaaahhhh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Timbo said:

At the end of the day, even a one-eyed weasel is right at least twice a day! If the party of the first part had indeed spotted the bear out of the window on the south side then the baby would have had blue eyes even if his mother did get on the bus first and left second. Is that right? Of course, it isn't. But then he was flying the wrong flag. What degree of trust can you have when the flag shows the beach is clean, only to be eaten by a shark? If it had been me I would have employed a net no matter who profited. Okay I know someone will point out that net profits still need adjustment which only begs the question 'if you have to adjust your prophet is he actually a bonafide prophet or did he predict he would be brushed aside'? The thing is if you set them aside, the prophet margins are soon going to fill up and who will profit from that?  The key thing to remember is that, and I am quite adamant...well more your Prince Charming so stand and deliver...about this is that... will we, nil we, it's all pretty much of a muchness of a to do...and as we all know a bit of a to-do requires a 'list' and at the top of my Liszt, at the end of the day, is the Hungarian Rhapsody. But when all is said and done, I prefer a mug of cocoa.

Reasoned and insightful !

I have overstayed at Potter, ten days waiting for the tide to fall, BA rang me on a regular basis and asked when I would be moving my boat, I explained that once the river level dropped, the boatyard would be moving my boat back to its home mooring. I think he rang me regularly out of concern for my welfare, perhaps he thought I was lost in Lathams (its happened before). In the small village I live in, if a car is parked up for more than a couple of days ,the locals inform the police, just in case the owner has done something silly (its happened before).

The ranger eventually agreed that there was little he could do as long as we were waiting for the tide, he did say to make sure no valuables were on show, just in case, especially mentioning the kettle!

The nice people at the pilots office kept an eye on my boat, and even offered to move it into there day boat moorings once the boats were out for winter (it was late Nov)they were of course rewarded handsomely with cake, from Lathams, my wife bought it as I struggle to find the exit in Lathams.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Victoryv said:

Reasoned and insightful !

I have overstayed at Potter, ten days waiting for the tide to fall, BA rang me on a regular basis and asked when I would be moving my boat, I explained that once the river level dropped, the boatyard would be moving my boat back to its home mooring. I think he rang me regularly out of concern for my welfare, perhaps he thought I was lost in Lathams (its happened before). In the small village I live in, if a car is parked up for more than a couple of days ,the locals inform the police, just in case the owner has done something silly (its happened before).

The ranger eventually agreed that there was little he could do as long as we were waiting for the tide, he did say to make sure no valuables were on show, just in case, especially mentioning the kettle!

The nice people at the pilots office kept an eye on my boat, and even offered to move it into there day boat moorings once the boats were out for winter (it was late Nov)they were of course rewarded handsomely with cake, from Lathams, my wife bought it as I struggle to find the exit in Lathams.

Exactly,   if you keep them informed then all is well.

8 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I would have thought EastcoastIPA, a more relevant question would have been, Would the Ranger have been aware of the circumstances at the time of issuing any ticket ?

I am in complete agreement with Ricado in that the owner should have made it clear to the BA of the situation, which, if a ticket HAS been issued, he has not. but that's another matter. I also agree with him that it was thoughtless of the skipper to take up the water point and electricity post for that period

I do not believe that the owner has any obligation to inform members of the general public, and that apart perhaps from informing the BA of the POSSIBILITY that there is an unauthorised overstay, It is none of the general publics business. 

The only reason I mentioned a notice in the window etc for Jo public is to possibly reduce the amount of calls etc BA get regarding it , kinda helps both party's really :default_biggrin:

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 07:39, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Stuart, 

Your jukebox is a NSN Festival ES160 They were produced from 1978 to 1983.

Regards

Alan

Well I am impressed, I believe ours is a 1979 vintage, fully reconditioned, and I have to say the sound quality is fantastic, good job we are detached..........

9 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

Well I am impressed, I believe ours is a 1979 vintage, fully reconditioned, and I have to say the sound quality is fantastic, good job we are detached..........

Hello Stuart,

In the mid to late 70's I worked on NSM, Seeburg and Rock Ola jukeboxes, the NSM jukeboxes I have worked on are the Console models (both 120 & 160), Hit 130, Prestige, Century 21, Festival and the model after yours the Prestige ES-160.

With regards to jukeboxes general I suggest that you check out the Stanmann Website in Germany, they are very nice people and their site has an archive section showing all makes of jukeboxes, a classified and sales area. www.jukebox-worlde.de 

In 1980 I started working on Rowe Ami jukeboxes exclusively. I am known as the ami-man.

Regards

Alan