• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

there is a link at the bottom of the page for the app for those that are interested.

• Thanks 1

It works !

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 2

Is there any difference between the NBN app and Tapatalk other than the branding?

Thats a good question, that I am unable to answer, as I did not develop the Apps, and dont have any apple devices, I know the Android app uses Tapatalk.

Thats a good question, that I am unable to answer, as I did not develop the Apps, and dont have any apple devices, I know the Android app uses Tapatalk.

As far as I can see so does the iOS one.
Tapatalk is working fine here again now (which is why you’ll be thrilled to hear I’m back )

yes, the new tapatalk plugin came out and was applied to the forum, we had to disable it after the upgrade as tapatalk was causing traffic problems while it wasnt working, some guests were logged in up to 14 times simultaneously, and since the rate we are charged is calculated by online users we had to sort it out to avoid a huge hike in running costs while we waited for tapatalk to catch up.

I am not entirely up with how the apps work, but I would imagine they remove any advertising that tapatalk apply, and of course add our own branding.

• Like 1

Looks good. Finding my way round it. Have noticed that the code behind the emoticons appears where they are used in posts instead of the picture. 

Still getting the code not the emoticons such as :default_biggrin: It makes the threads very hard to read. Also can only like a post. Can’t seem to get the other options. And I don’t think that notifications are working. I am using the app but it needs a lot of work still. Would have to give it a low rating at the moment.

Typical. I typed the code and the picture appeared but everywhere else I can only see the code! And then I couldn’t find a way to edit my post. I think this is a thumbs down and I may well uninstall it.

Typical. I typed the code and the picture appeared but everywhere else I can only see the code! And then I couldn’t find a way to edit my post. I think this is a thumbs down and I may well uninstall it.  

Not sure on iOS, but on Android you tap the post and then there's an option in the bar on the top to edit it (spanner and screwdriver), and then a pop-up appears from which you select 'Edit post'. 

It's only allowed within around 10 minutes of your original post.