Nbn Ios App Released

Thats a good question, that I am unable to answer, as I did not develop the Apps, and dont have any apple devices, I know the Android app uses Tapatalk.

As far as I can see so does the iOS one.
Tapatalk is working fine here again now (which is why you’ll be thrilled to hear I’m back )

yes, the new tapatalk plugin came out and was applied to the forum, we had to disable it after the upgrade as tapatalk was causing traffic problems while it wasnt working, some guests were logged in up to 14 times simultaneously, and since the rate we are charged is calculated by online users we had to sort it out to avoid a huge hike in running costs while we waited for tapatalk to catch up.

I am not entirely up with how the apps work, but I would imagine they remove any advertising that tapatalk apply, and of course add our own branding.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still getting the code not the emoticons such as :default_biggrin: It makes the threads very hard to read. Also can only like a post. Can’t seem to get the other options. And I don’t think that notifications are working. I am using the app but it needs a lot of work still. Would have to give it a low rating at the moment.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

Typical. I typed the code and the picture appeared but everywhere else I can only see the code! And then I couldn’t find a way to edit my post. I think this is a thumbs down and I may well uninstall it.

Typical. I typed the code and the picture appeared but everywhere else I can only see the code! And then I couldn’t find a way to edit my post. I think this is a thumbs down and I may well uninstall it.  

Not sure on iOS, but on Android you tap the post and then there's an option in the bar on the top to edit it (spanner and screwdriver), and then a pop-up appears from which you select 'Edit post'. 

It's only allowed within around 10 minutes of your original post.

Thanks Grendel.

I'm not actually using any emojis at all. It's hard to describe the problem because I can't easily screenshot my phone like I could my computer, although I suppose I could take a photo of it with my camera.

Best way I can describe it is ... if you click on the icon on the posting window to see the emojis, but instead of choosing one, hover over it and you will see the text that you can type to call up the picture. I'll make one up so it hopefully doesn't put anything in ... ":_sunshine_rain:"

Where anyone has used an emoji in their post, I see the text instead of the picture. That makes the posts very hard to read because the text sits everywhere the picture should be.

Here's another made up example that might give you an idea.

Today I went to :default_garden: to get some :choose_a_flower: but all I could find was a :two_petals_123:.

Hope that nonsense makes some sense!!

we have tracked it down to the app and the forum using different emoji's, we are looking at how to solve this without breaking everything, I did try enabling something to add the emojis, but then when I tried to access them it crashed my browser, so I had to revert back.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Grendel.
I'm not actually using any emojis at all. It's hard to describe the problem because I can't easily screenshot my phone like I could my computer, although I suppose I could take a photo of it with my camera.
Best way I can describe it is ... if you click on the icon on the posting window to see the emojis, but instead of choosing one, hover over it and you will see the text that you can type to call up the picture. I'll make one up so it hopefully doesn't put anything in ... ":_sunshine_rain:"
Where anyone has used an emoji in their post, I see the text instead of the picture. That makes the posts very hard to read because the text sits everywhere the picture should be.
Here's another made up example that might give you an idea.
Today I went to :default_garden: to get some :choose_a_flower: but all I could find was a :two_petals_123:.
Hope that nonsense makes some sense!!
To screenshot on your iOS device, simply hold down the home and power buttons together. When released you'll see a 'flash' effect on screen and the image will be saved to your gallery.

• Thanks 1