• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

PeteBelham

Restoration Of Judith

I'm new to NBN but not the broads, I've been going on the broads since I was only a few years old. My parents bought Judith 2 from Martham Boats back in about 1992. We had her in the family for a good few years till they regrettably had to sell her. After 20 odd years and coming back to the broads we have been lucky enough to find her again and purchase her back from the family we sold her too. She has been in a shed for a good few years and now the restoration is underway. Martham Boats are sorting her hull and next year the upgrade of the inside will start! The NBN seems the ideal place to ask questions and share experiences along the way. FB_IMG_1511728363093.jpg

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 18

Another restoration thread to follow! :default_jumelles:Better than Challenege or Quest or what ever the TV channel is called now. 

• Like 3

Thanks, I'll post updates along the way to her launch. Look forward to meeting some members on the water soon.

• Like 2

So glad to see Judith Windmill has found nice new owners. We were getting worried about her!

Shall.enjoy your journey. 

• Like 4

Been there, seen it, done it, couldn't afford the T shirt afterwards!

You're more than welcome to look over our Judith.

• Like 2

sounds to me she is more than just a boat - personal family memories attached to a boat over time are special .thanks for sharing your restoration with us 

finny  

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 14:58, Victoryv said:

Been there, seen it, done it, couldn't afford the T shirt afterwards!

You're more than welcome to look over our Judith.

Same here, you are more than welcome to look at Broadland Grebe. Those of us who have embarked on a restoration project will share your pain and pleasure.  

• Like 1

sounds to me she is more than just a boat - personal family memories attached to a boat over time are special .thanks for sharing your restoration with us 

finny  
She is definitely more than just a boat, many happy family memories on board and more to come. I can't wait.

• Like 1

We hired Judith 1 back in the summer of 75.  Lovely boat, but i was only 17, and was very envious of people on the big modern GRP boats.