Car Is Packed...

Bexs

If I remember correctly you said you are on classic gem 2 from Stalham. Have a great time default_icon_wave.gif&key=69038154ddfc4db1acf3ddcdd61c8a65c2f5bb9d5e53e2ff313b27c86b380409

Good memory!

Yes Classic Gem 2 from Stalham, have a mooring booked at the New Inn tomorrow night.

Then heading south on the evening tide Tuesday evening, the Waveney River Centre’s swimming’s pool will be calling our 2 & 4 year old by then...

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Great stuff.
Enjoy your holiday (and keep quiet about how good the southern broads are) :default_biggrin:

Mums the word! ( And at the helm...)

• Like 1

Lovely meal and mooring, at the New Inn last night.

The kids were very tired from the journey up and spent yesterday evening doing a great impression of little devils. Not tired enough to stop them walking up at 4am this morning....

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, quo vadis said:

Or a very small car :default_eusa_naughty:

Nope it’s massive :default_crying1animated:

Spelling and grammer have never been my  strong point.:default_biggrin:

Enjoying a sunny afternoon at the Ferry Inn,  Stokesby. Waiting for slack water at GY.

• Like 2

On 15/05/2018 at 15:50, Bexs said:

Enjoying a sunny afternoon at the Ferry Inn,  Stokesby. Waiting for slack water at GY.

Have you made it down south Bexs?

Stop enjoying yourself for 5 minutes and let us know :default_biggrin:

Crossed GY at 6pm and arrived at Somerlayton on Tuesday evening just before sunset.

We moved yesterday morning, and spent the day swimming and playing in the park with the children at the River Waveney Centre.  Still chilling out here now...

We love it here for the children, and normally spend two nights here over a holiday.

The showers are amazing and saves getting the heads on board wet. 

One more trip to the swings and we will then depart for Beccles. 

• Like 3

I'm not quite sure what it is but Somerlayton is still one of my favourite spots on the south.

It has nothing to do with the Dukes Head though, I can tell you that :default_smiley-angelic002:

Enjoy your trip down Beccles today :default_smile:

I have only ever stopped at Somerlayton once before, probably 10 years ago.

I remember the Dukes Head being very good and their website and menu makes it high on our list to try.

We had already had a very enjoyable early dinner (so the children could be put to bed as we crossed Breydon Water), enjoying the sunshine in the Ferry Inns Stokesby beer garden. So had to give the Dukes Head a miss this time.

I really enjoyed staying there this time, quite a beautiful spot. Our children enjoyed a bit of train spotting, especially our 2 year old son. 

• Like 1

It’s glorious out on the river Waveney this morning, cruising in the sun whilst munching pork & onion chutney pies from The Galley in Horning. Had to share the bliss...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bexs said:

It’s glorious out on the river Waveney this morning, cruising in the sun whilst munching pork & onion chutney pies from The Galley in Horning. Had to share the bliss...

Yeah thanks for that. It really helps us who are stuck at work all day :default_biggrin:

Enjoy Beccles and the rest of your holiday. Keep us updated on how you get on :default_smile:

Spent yesterday pm and this morning in Beccles. Shopping for provisions, playing in the park, eating in Prezzo (Tesco clubcard vouchers makes it free spreading our holiday fund further) and drinking rose in the sun!

Slowly cruised back to the RWC so the children could have another swim. Destinations have become very much dictated to by children’s activities these days..

Now chilling at the RWC marina in the last of the evening warmth with sundowners.

Trying to decide whether to cross Braydon water tomorrow am as planed, OR cruise up to Rockland St Mary (never been and want to one day) and watch the Royal Wedding...

• Like 3

We decided to leave RWC early and cross Breydon on the morning tide.

I am not ashamed to admit, we had the Ariel up and the T.V tuned into the preamble for the royal wedding all of the way...

Crossed BW in beautiful sunshine and cruised with the tide up to St Bennett’s. Managed to grab my favourite mooring spot close to the Abby and be tied up in time for the ceremony itself. ( I am a girl and do like pretty dresses, just not a much as boats!)

We stayed there that night and left on the misty Sunday morning. Heading for for Coltishall via Salhouse to view the last of the revellers!!!!

Managed to cruise through Salhouse (with a few ducks hitching a ride) just as Broad Ambition, Malanka and Trixie started to depart. Love to see the classics!

• Like 3

On 22/05/2018 at 14:29, Bexs said:

I am not ashamed to admit, we had the Ariel up and the T.V tuned into the preamble for the royal wedding all of the way...

Managed to grab my favourite mooring spot close to the Abby and be tied up in time for the ceremony itself. ( I am a girl and do like pretty dresses, just not a much as boats!)

We stayed there that night and left on the misty Sunday morning. Heading for Coltishall via Salhouse to view the last of the revellers

You can keep your royal wedding and pretty dresses but a visit to St Benets and a trip up to Coltishall has got me jealous :default_biggrin: