I Want A Sign

Cockatoo

1 hour ago, SteveDuk said:

For the back of the boat that says:

"Sorry I am holding you up by doing the speed limit but please don't tailgate as I can stop very quickly if I have to"

Serves me right for coming north I suppose :default_icon_e_surprised:

Hi Steve,

Watch out there be dragons on the Northern Rivers:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I followed a car the other day with a 59Mph speed limit sign in the back window, it didn't make 39 Mph on a clear dry 60MPH road

He must be one on the North Norfolk One Speeders as my late wife would call them.

39mph in a 60, a 50, a 40, a 30 and even in a 20mph school zone. There are loads of them up here, unbelievable.

• Like 2

"Sorry I am holding you up by doing the speed limit but please don't tailgate as I can stop very quickly if I have to"

Go slower.or stop.I do.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

5 hours ago, SteveDuk said:

Pull over to the right, throttle back and put a sign on the back saying  "Running in, Please pass"

It's got to be better than stressing.

• Like 1

We have had them for years,The problem is many people will try to make the sad face.As for boats I have seen many times when moored some will speed past then after a time come speeding back does not make any sense .Have a rough idea where your going then there a those that go below the speed limit in the middle of the river.:default_eusa_naughty:

Years ago I can remember approaching Norwich and we crept over the speed limit inadvertently, a river police launch was coming towards us and he held up a sign about the size of a tennis racquet that said 'SLOW DOWN' then as we got closer he turned it round and it said 'THANK YOU' ...I thought that was brilliant :default_stinky:

• Like 1

I've seen  river inspectors use those table tennis bats. (ok I know river rangers).

Occasionally I've used one that asks people to "Please keep to the right hand Bank", "Racing ahead"  and on the other side. "Thank you"

Though I prefer to talk directly to the drivers, if there aren't too many hire boats around, as you can give an explanation why.

We have a cannon like that at Horning SC, it fires at 08:00 each day of Horning Week (we get comments from the village if we are late) and at at the end of the last race of Horning week it's fired twice. 

The look we get from an unsuspecting hire boat is wonderfull...:default_biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheQ said:

We have a cannon like that at Horning SC, it fires at 08:00 each day of Horning Week (we get comments from the village if we are late) and at at the end of the last race of Horning week it's fired twice. 

The look we get from an unsuspecting hire boat is wonderfull...:default_biggrin:

remind me to get a tennis bat that says 'Missed'

21 hours ago, ChrisB said:

He must be one on the North Norfolk One Speeders as my late wife would call them.

39mph in a 60, a 50, a 40, a 30 and even in a 20mph school zone. There are loads of them up here, unbelievable.

I think they're immigrants from Suffolk - they practice going up the A140, by the time they get to Tasburgh they've got it down pat!