Wanted.aquafibre 38

I was going to by a boat and thought a deal had been done(thanks nbs) but it got sold.So Im on the lookout for an aquafibre 38 or similar style boat.if you have one for sale or know of one please let me know.I would consider a bounty style of the same size.thank you.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

We have seen the waterside marine boats but they wont budge on price.norfolk boat sales pearl 38 is under offer.something will come up that has what we want at the right price.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

21 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Just had a look at this link, one seriously nice Westward 38, and the ctr ckpt version too, so bridges are not an issue.  If had the funds, this would be a boat i would give SERIOUS consideration to.

Looks like someone has spent a lot of money on her, very smart.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say bridges were not an issue - The Westwards have quite a high sheerline and a fairly rectangular cross section. I would think Potter was completely out, which is probably not the case for a Pearl.

On the other hand, yes that boat does look to have been loved, and there's quite a lot of space aboard. The addition of a Nanni N4.50 is very much a plus, too.

And also an Entrepeneur...

https://www.watersidemarinesales.co.uk/boats-for-sale/aquafibre-38-northern.html

They're the most spacious 38ft boat you will find, though the hydrodynamics of the hull leave a little bit to be desired. Also the step up from the companionway onto the starboard deck from the cockpit is one of the maddest bits of design I've seen on a boat.

19 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

And also an Entrepeneur...

https://www.watersidemarinesales.co.uk/boats-for-sale/aquafibre-38-northern.html

They're the most spacious 38ft boat you will find, though the hydrodynamics of the hull leave a little bit to be desired. Also the step up from the companionway onto the starboard deck from the cockpit is one of the maddest bits of design I've seen on a boat.

Not for me that one, poor value at that price, and underpowered for the southern rivers

The Westward at NYA looks nice - I think Mark of MBA Marine did a lot of the refurbishment work on that boat.

Of course a lot of it is 'set dressing' new upholstery, galley, dash and it looks fresh and new - amazing how this sort of thing helps sell boats and increases value even if underneath it is an ex-hire boat  I know of 3 Westwards that have been re-engined I think they had Listers in them original (maybe a Perkins).  Not my cup of tea because the free board on these things are so high to get on and off of, and the window's in the rest of the boat are pretty shallow. Instead of a lower freeboard and deeper windows.

Now the Sedan version looks good value, funny how a 4+2 berth 38ft boat can cost less than little Trixie. I am probably going to be about Brundall over the weekend talking to the service guys so will have a nosy at the boats for sale.

Cor blimey not seen one of them for years - used to have some on high with Richardson's back in the day - this was during the time of building river boats that looked fast and stylish - but forgot about letting people see much out of them or being practical to get in and out of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonRascal said:

Cor blimey not seen one of them for years - used to have some on high with Richardson's back in the day - this was during the time of building river boats that looked fast and stylish - but forgot about letting people see much out of them or being practical to get in and out of.

"Some on high"

What were you smoking?