Begineers Luck.

Guest stevie varnish

Guest stevie varnish

Hi Folks,As some of you will know the BA platoon have recently been on the lads week,fishing various locations around

broadland.

My question is answer me this one.One of our party Dave [Dolly]Dalton has been manfully trying to catch a pike for at least the flast five years, all to no avail.So this year we head darn sarf,looking at Gelderston Lock and Beccles area.When we reach the Locks, Dolly is out of the traps like a good un,rod set up, spinner on,going for it big style.After an hour......nothing, by this time his initial enthusiasim is starting to wain a little.Hear a little mutter of ...cant be any pike in hear,im going to put the kettle on.Then up comes Brian [none fisherman]can i give it a go dave...certainly ..but you wont catch owt, no pike in there......yes folks you guessed it ....first cast in ....Brians into a small jack pike around 4lb.Over the next hour or so Brian lands another around the same size.

After that things get better still, we arrive at Beccles,BA has to have her first service at Aston Boats,we are moored at the park,BA is up Astons dyke,shout to Dolly,prime spot for the pike in there Dave,he is out again going for it......After Half an hour,dave packs up.......Oh yes,...Up comes Brian again second cast ....into a 16lbr...Folks to say Dolly was not amused is an understatement,needless to say Brian got a lot of mileage out of that one.

Back to my original question.....Why does it allways happen this way...btw Dolly never caught one all week.

Tight lines. Stevie V.