Oldest boatyard on Broads

Palmtree

Thanks guys,

I have never dared post on the other site incase I got gaught up in a b*tch fight!

Terry, I do recognise the avatar, it brings back distant memories! Perhaps if you said 'one of' the oldest I'd get away with it, also get some of your photos up on here before I do !

As for the Racecourse, well its not just the friendly, fun family atmosphere, ample parking massive indoor and outdoor play areas or great carvery and menu which make it so good, it also has fantastic air conditioning cheers Brian!

(shameless plug(s) over!)

Hi Ian,

The small print says

'R.K. obtained SILVER MEDAL AND DIPLOMA at International Fisheries Exhibition, London, 1883 for fishing boat on Norfolk and Suffolk Broads.'

I think John Loynes got the gold but apparently there was some contoversy over this as Kemps was better! I think he built a boat too. funnily enough I was in a shop in Norwich about 10 years ago (Hovells)and saw the certificate for the bronze medal haning on the wall it looked the same as ours it is about 2.5x3 feet!

the fishing boat is a real work of art.

cheers, Clive.

Hi Jonny,

thanks, My girlfriend scanned the picture for me last night and commented "ah, thats where you get your funny ear from" I did not realise it was funny I just thought one was less out than the other!

that is the only picture we have of him.

Clive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have only just caught up with this thred, before Clive posted about his family I would have said Landamores was the oldest boatyard in the same ownership Anthony the present Landamore's grandfather started the business I think in the twenties, they were certainly around pre world war 2 but when they moved to Marsh Road I don't know.

Of course Royalls have to be one of the oldest Nigels great grandfather built wherries but I don't know where.