Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brucec

Some of mine

post-175-136713383249_thumb.jpg

River Thurne at dawn - same place as one of my "where was it taken" photos.

post-175-136713383517_thumb.jpg

West Somerton

post-175-136713383525_thumb.jpg

Thurne dawn

They're all stunners, all three. Excellent stuff Bruce - I hope we're going to see more of your stuff on here.

Very good Bruce,

Are you using any special lens on the West Somerton picture, the dyke looks about twenty yards wide rather than twenty foot.

Sorry for the imperial measurement but this metric rubbish just seems wrong for rural Norfolk.

Very good Bruce,

Are you using any special lens on the West Somerton picture, the dyke looks about twenty yards wide rather than twenty foot.

Sorry for the imperial measurement but this metric rubbish just seems wrong for rural Norfolk.

It's a 5x4" view camera (there you go, non-metric) using a 90mm lens - roughly the equivalent of a 24mm lens in 35mm format. Obviously the tripod was set quite low to emphasise the foreground, and this would normally give you converging verticals, but with large format you use camera movements (front shift in this case) to keep everything straight. You can achieve the same in Photoshop if you use a digital camera (or any other camera without shift), but you don't always retain quality because the image has to be stretched/compressed to achieve the effect. Forgive the explanation if you knew that already!

Bruce

Edit: If you were after a short answer, that would be "wide angle lens" :)

Stunning pictures Bruce,

Front page and calender I would have thought, without doubt. :clap:clap:clap

Regards

Clive.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.