Sign in to follow this  
RedRover

Canopy maker wanted.

Does anyone know of a good Boat Canopy maker who is good and not too dear and you don't have to wait 10 months for it to be made.?? Oh an resides in the Broads area.?

I have been really pleased with Brian Taylor who is based at Potter, he has done a canopy for me and some bespoke non boat related stuff, very quick, friendly and reasonably priced 01603738304

yes gordon, i have also used brian taylor,

he has done a canopy and also a full set of curtains for my last boat.

good job, and reasonable price, give him a ring barry.

alan

Sorry about the delay, I have been away, unfortunately not to the boat

Yes Brian is based in Herbert Woods yard but I don't think there is any other connection. I was looking for his web site, and will post it later when I get a few mins. He does a great job at a fair price

regards

Gordon

Decided on Jeckells of Wroxham for my covers as i had previously had some seating done which was excellent and reasonably priced if you order before end of December you can get a winter discount of 25% which i did and they will be ready sometime next week. Saw the chap who owns Wroxham boat covers and he could not fit them in the boatyard as he would not pay the extra insurance to work on the boat and his price was a lot more than Jeckells.!!! Thanks all for your valued comments and help much appreciated.

Hi Barry,

I know you've already decided who will make the canopy for you but, speaking from personal experience, I'd echo Perry's comments about Horning Marine Covers.

Quite a few boaty friends of mine have had canopies made in the past few years and all of them commented that our new canopy knocked spots off theirs for quality and workmanship.

Friendly, efficient service, excellent fitting and no delays. cheers