hidden gems

Guest ghosty73

hi guys im back on the broads in early sept but im sure i have over looked some real gems has anyone got any ideas for some nice quant little mooring spots

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
Absolutely agree, both beautiful spots, the moorings at West Somerton have just been having a makeover and the water is crystal clear. Just a shame the pub has closed! :cry

cheersbar

Only you could have informed us of that Howard :lol::lol::lol: .

Seriously though, if you have a boat that`ll get under ALL the bridges, then i`d recommend Dilham staithe. If you`re going in september, then you could live off the blackberries that line the north bank. There`s a very short dyke off to the east just below How hill, which is big enough for two boats (or 3 smaller ones), and round the back of Womack island is also very peaceful.

On the southern side, As said before, Geldeston village, along with Langley dyke and Rockland staithe on the Yare. Chedgrave common on the Chet is a good alternative to Pye`s mill. There`s also a small inlet on the east bank of the Waveney, on the bend below the Oulton dyke junction (to the north), though with a high tidal difference, it may get shallow. Wherever you go, have a great holiday, and don`t forget top do a holiday tale. Regards ............... Neil.

I think all my favourite spots have been mentioned already, with the exception of Coltishall lock. Just continue past the Rising Sun pub and where the river forks, take the right hand channel (the left goes to the weir). You can moor against either bank just before the lock, which is end of navigation.

I think all my favourite spots have been mentioned already, with the exception of Coltishall lock. Just continue past the Rising Sun pub and where the river forks, take the right hand channel (the left goes to the weir). You can moor against either bank just before the lock, which is end of navigation.

I don't think hire boats can (are permitted to!) do that, Mark... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I seem to remember Dave (Stranger) went up there on a Martham "Judith" back in May, but we did`nt venture up north this year, so we missed it, but we will definately go to the lock next time we`re oop narth