Thieving Thuggery and Arson

Stranger

Whilst we all take interest in what is happening in our country as a whole, and indeed the rest of the world, surely most members here have an overiding interest in taking advantage of the peace and tranquility of our Broads area. In my " day job ", I work in a very " PC " sensitive environment, and therefor have made no comment to this thread to date, but I now think all the bickering should stop, and we go out and enjoy the use of our boats or the Broards.

Let's all have a good day.

Hear hear Paul, I like a number of others here have had to live with these events first hand and, I as administrator and temporary owner of this forum come here and put a lot of time and effort in to get away from it all and other inner city pressures and to discuss matters boating. Yes we do have the lounge for non boaty stuff but there are far more appropriate sites to discuss matters as deeply political as this so it’s probably better to do it there. I would also like to remind posters that all posts on any subject should remain within the TOS and the laws of the land, if you are unsure of those then I respectfully suggest you read them carefully.

Hear hear Paul, I like a number of others here have had to live with these events first hand and, I as administrator and temporary owner of this forum come here and put a lot of time and effort in to get away from it all and other inner city pressures and to discuss matters boating. Yes we do have the lounge for non boaty stuff but there are far more appropriate sites to discuss matters as deeply political as this so it’s probably better to do it there. I would also like to remind posters that all posts on any subject should remain within the TOS and the laws of the land, if you are unsure of those then I respectfully suggest you read them carefully.

Hi David,

Very well said. After the rain cleared yesterday, we had a short trip into Norwich by river, and a beer or two. Then saw the Black Swan, what better to temporarily forget about the problems in the " real world "

Paul

As the original OP of this thread I would like to explain .......

I consider the "lounge" to be akin to chatting in the pub where many differing subjects are mulled over and "experts" are encountered who can explain, to us lesser mortals, why our views are incorrect.

As a self employed individual working from home on a computer forums provide an ideal outlet to alleviate the lonliness often encountered.

Unlike some others I trust that the moderators on this forum will inform me if I have overstepped the mark and posted inappropriatly. On occasions it has been pointed out to me that I have and the thread/post been quarantined. Mostly on these occasions and with reflection I have concluded that the mods were correct to do so.

It does sadden me that conversations such as this can degenerate as this one has, it is a shame as most of the replies were interesting and informative. But as in many areas of our society the few can have an adverse affect on the majority.

To those who have written that they do not want to read topics such as this I say .......Don't, quite simple to do.

To the mods that have to troll through every thread I say Well Done!! Your tollerence in the face of quite blatant abuse is to be commended!!

Given the ill feeling that has been generated here I feel Jill had the right solution ..... put this thread to bed.

hi loo

i did not intend to put the thread to bed but just to allow a breathing space for peeps to step back and ponder.

like so many members i hate to see locked threads.

luckily we have a relatively level headed forum and can usually let threads run to sort themselves out as previous threads will show.

we do have the occasional ruck but they are rare and usualy end well.

no polotics bar for broads related is usualy the rule here and for good reason :naughty:

when a thread like this pops up, you can imagine what we mods think :lol: not a laughing matter as were all unpaid and do this for the love of it :?

jill :love:River Police

Interestingly, have read the whole thread, I have no doubt that some of the comments were a little 'below the standard' but - as said, I also have no doubt that topical news, even though not Broads related' should be discussed in the 'lounge' for that is exactly what the lounge is for and often those comments and items are more light hearted - I also agree with the mods on this one, it should not be pulled as the members are fully capable of giving their own responses to those comments posted - indeed my early post on this subject gave rise to a response supporting the efforts of the previous government, who I personally feel has a large hand in the culture of lawlessness that is occuring in certain areas, however, another member heartily disagrees and supports his argument with fact and figure - I have researched those figures and found that some of those figures aren't exactly as posted, but feel that coming back to that is irrelevant as the post, like many on here and other forums, had already evolved, but his argument was supported and well presented ..

So I for one support the mods in leaving the post live for so long

..also believe everyone is entitled to their voice BUT

..must accept rebuttle, and be prepared to back up their statementswith either fact, links to published material or state that they have personal views and that is what they are writing

Having also listened to alot of political comment on the subject, it seems that alot of those going to court are being released 'time served' for the time spent in the cells and the Guardian spreadsheet seems to back this up, this is a shame as it seems that the 'quick capture of CCTV evidence' may not be enough to secure a prosecution .. What is sad about the whole thing is what has been reported on the news today that many insurers have deemed that damage done in most cases will not be covered by insurance policies...

This story is set to run in the news and I know the comment will continue here and must be allowed to continue, but those falling outside the rules or posting comment that others feel isnt correct or even offensive, be prepared for a stiff and rapid rebuttle!

I always used to believe that the quickest way to lose friend was to have discussions about politics and religion. Enough said?

Brain J. :-|:-|

Disagree - Having sat with three hard line Mullahs and dscussed religion enthusiastically and also discussed politics with many I have to say they are the best conversations ever!!! ;)

You just have to be able to accept other peoples argument and give a firm counter argument and be armed with facts rather than opinions!!

some of those who are causing this damage are having their access to 'handouts' removed..

im not so sure its the best way to go.

where do they get money to survive from.

if it was a 1st offence i doubt it would be a last one if they have no food money etc

jill