Winter of Discontent in a Caravan

MY littleboat

Paul, please read the post I made just above the first one you made, it may go some way to allaying you fears, I have read all the posts on the thread and made that post with just your fears in mind.

For the avoidance of doubt, disparaging or inflammatory remarks on the grounds of ethnicity on this forum will be dealt with, period.

Paul

No, not racist at all!

As far as double standards, We stopped all trading with them over a year ago when we had the issues. Fact!

Just for the record, our town recently had our friendy travellers, meet on a farmers field, over 300 caravans. Asda' had to shut on 4 times in one day because they were filling trollies and walking out with the stollen goods & intimidating the staff.

Is this acceptable NO!!

If the cap fits...

I presume the action taken will be demolition of the illegally built structures, not an eviction as they own the land?

My understanding of planning laws, which is very minimal, is that if the owner doesn't demolish said structures then the local authority can perform the demolition and then bill the owner?

I have heard tell of an estimated bill for this to be £8,000,000 :o If this is correct it seems to me that someone is making an obsene amount of money!!

As the representative raised his megaphone with the council's war cry of "We have to talk to you about some very serious health and Safety issues, you have blocked emergency vehicle access..." The wheels of the High Court were turning and... it all turned into farce as not only were the remaining travellers (As few as 40 remaining on that side, most of the other mobile homes have been moved into the legal side of the camp), the High Court announced as it has now been proven this was in fact a brown-field site they had a reprieve until Friday. Now the travellers are seeking a judicial review on the councils actions and seeking an un-disclosed number of millions in compensation!!!

After £18million has already been spent - the word Farce springs to mind!

:shocked