another one of are very little problems

Guest Jonny

ower bilge pump can happily pump for a couple of hours without there being any water in the bilge area the pump will only stop when you lift it up and drops what little water still in the pump that cannot be sucked out.

there is about less than an inch of water no matter what the little sod cannot pump it out now i was thinking of putting something underneath the pump to raise it a bit and will shut the pump off when at the level i have raised the pump till.

will this work any other ideas you could help me with

thanks guys

Yes that should be fine Jonny, you can always get the last drops out with a hand pump or just leave it there, but if you do it might start to niff a bit unless you add a drop of bilge sweetener :oops::oops:

You may be able to adjust the internal float switch or sensor and leave it where it is but if you are not confident doing that then raising the whole unit will have the same effect.