Sign in to follow this  
Guest MusicLive

How the Broads look today

Hi all,

I've been too wrapped up in messing around with my own Rubbish website to ever get to post anything here.

Not that I ever post anything interesting...I don't!

I took this image this weekend and thought it looked a typical 'Broads' image..showing how things look now and thought a few of you may like to see it. I say a few of you, as only two people ever look at my Rubbish site, so at least 5 people will see this piccy!

Note the hire cruisers to the right of the shot..mmm I wonder who' s they are?

post-160-13671385744_thumb.jpg

Hi John and Mary-Jane,

I tend to agree with you John that it looks like one from the '60s, that's why I said 'How the Broads look Now' !

Very little difference between then and now in some places.

The last time I took a picture,from that side of the river as far as I can recall, was in November 1978 and the place has barely changed, except the car park area is now laid out neatly and there's a boardwalk to wander along!

Lovely photo Clive, Just in time for our brochure re design :naughty::naughty::lol:

I am sorry that we have only managed to fill half the quay but we try and rely on other yards to do their bit!

Hope you are well, keep up the good work.. cheers

Hi Clive,

Hope you are well too!

Glad you like the picture...it's heavily compressed, so doesn't look too good on here but

if you want the original sized version I can help you out!

I'll have to have a sort out as I've quite a few more you could maybe use!

Let me know!

Clive,

We would love to use your photos (as we still do) I think they really show off what this area has to offer we have used them all over the country

on bill boards leaflets, brochures and websites, one day you must reall accept how great your pictures really are.

I will tell Emma or Caroline to be in touch with you.

cheersbarcheersbar

Nice picture Clive.... even includes one of those irrestible baby sedan's to boot!

I hope I never have to see the pub all boarded up and looking all sorry for itself again as it is one of my favourite spots... even if the kids sweetie machine did eat my money on Saturday!

Dan

Littlesprite,

Thanks for the compliment!

So now there's 3 people who've seen my Rubbish site and I've a sneaking suspicion Dan has had a peek in there too!

Making a grand total of 4.

I owe you a thank you too Dan but don't admit to browsing through "Rubbish" tips! :naughty::lol:

Honest Sir it wasn't me! :liar

Here's the view looking downstream taken Sept 18th during the "Golden hour"

post-160-136713857506_thumb.jpg

Dan wrote

"Nice photo, a shame that that Horning's new teenage mutant ninja heron is just out of sight though"

I have one of him too Dan but we'll keep him locked in the cupboard for the time being!

Meanwhile, this one's for Mr. R.

A pity the vapour trail is colliding with the Ferry Chimney TV mast but I thought it best to leave the image as shot!

Sorry for the watermark practically obstructing your company logo Clive!

post-160-136713857786_thumb.jpg

Clive,

There was no sign of the hirer, so I wouldn't have dared! :naughty:

Glad to hear you liked that but next time I'll take a mop and bucket, 'T' Cut and wax, just to add the finishing touch! :)

Clive, there is some really nice stuff here. You've always understood the secret of shooting in the right light, and you've got a great eye for composition. Nice to see your work again.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for the compliment but your images make mine look total rubbish!

I'm still just a snapper!

And when I see work by Joe Cornish amongst others I quake in my boots!

clive theirs some great pics their fella. love the photo taken on the 18th looking downstream of the ferry, picture postcard stuff. you should take a look at my fb page your see some bad photos their. i wish i had your talent.

I've always thought and will always believe my photos are Total Rubbish...but this shed has turned this picture into a heap of dung!

If this is the face of the Broads in modern times then for goodness sake bring back the olden days when the Broads were

more natural!

Modern boats look great but this hideous looking shed on this beautiful reach of the Bure river frontage should never have been allowed to be built!

Double Click the image to see it full screen...then you can see just how Vile it looks

post-160-136713858464_thumb.jpg

Hi Clive

I remember being more than a bit 'suprised' that it got through planning permission at the time, especially in Horning and given other applications that were not entertained on any basis in the immediate area....

All the best

Dan

At least it's entire function is to do with boating, being Ferry Marina's new service complex.

It could so easily have ended up as yet more private housing, like 90% of the rest of Horning's river frontage.....

Hi Dan,

Money drives almost everything in this world...if you have enough of it, you can walk over governments, let alone planners!

My thoughts on the Vile shed are - it should be Demoli-SHED and set back further into the yard!

Strowager,

I can't understand why you may seem to side with the planners...I agree, a lot of the housing does look gross along

some of the reaches,and take note, I've never, ever, travelled along that River, so all I've ever seen are other peoples images!

From those I have seen I'm not at all impressed with some of the developements, but honestly I would have though it better for the Shed to have been set well back from the position it's currently in!

I have no worries about boatyard development, providing it's not ruining River frontages that are the Showpiece's of The Norfolk Broads!

Brian J,

I too was once a Freeman owner, so I know what you're saying, but the Freeman and the shot of the River in general is destroyed by that Hideous Monstrosity.

Planning laws ... what planning laws?

It's a sick joke! :evil:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.