on our hols at last

loribear

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave hi all, yesterday we went to reedham ferry pub, & just after we landed we noticed that the water was still rising, & san remo is quite high sided, so when we went to pub later the water was quite high, & of course it was me that made a idiot of myself, because it was so high i could'nt get on properly & nearly fell in the river, & my iphone too, i just managed to stop it going in, :oops: i must say the ferryman works late does'nt he? he did'nt stop til 10.00pm, i'm suprised he could see what he was doing, after we came back we started talking about silly things , as you do when you've had some alcohol :lol: & i came up with this silly idea, for people who don't want to pay out too much money on fees, you put a big swimming pool in your back garden & have a wave machine built in, get a very large screen & a norfolk broads video to watch, & put you boat on it, that way you won't have to pay mooring fees or river licences, :lol::lol::lol: this morning i awoke at 6.30 am, & the sky was beautiful , it was so calm & peaceful & the river was like a duck pond, & have put some pics on for you, we left reedham at 10.30, but the tide was'nt til 1.00pm, so we went for a tootle to st olaves, & saw quo vardis on a little boat, but did'nt get to talk to him,we came across breydon & have stopped at great yarmouth, & the chaps in the office charged my laptop again, weather has been beautiful & hot again ,we were driving with our bikini tops on all day & my arms are a slightly tender, have just pulled in at stokesby, lori cheersice slice[attachment=4]P1010243.JPG[/attachment][attachment=3]P1010239.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]P1010244.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]P1010249.JPG[/attachment][attachment=0]P1010251.JPG[/attachment]

:wave hi everybody, well this is our last full day, we went to wroxham but it was absolutely chockers, so we went to horning instead & i'm glad we did, we had a delicious meal there, my sister had steak & ale pie & i had lamb shanks, it was beautiful, it here is a pic to make you hungry :lol:[attachment=0]norfolk 011.JPG[/attachment]

oh forgot to say it was at the swan inn, i'd highly recomend it, we saw aquaholic there too, not sure if he recognised us though, we're on our way back home to chessy tomorrow worse luck, we really don't want to go, we've had a really great time visited lots of places , had lots of nice meals, seen some beautiful sunsets, met lots of friendly harbour masters who've helped me out no end bless them, & got a lovely suntan as well, & ive enjoyed writing this blog too, we're already looking forwards to our next holiday next year, & also next years meet, if anybody else is going this month i hope you have as good a time as we've had, thankyou clive for a really great holiday, we'd love to have this boat again clive but please put us a plug socket in, :lol: we really felt at home here, it was great seeing the lovely morning mists, & listening to the plop & rippling of the water,i'm sure if our mum had been alive she would have come with us & she would have loved it, i hope all goes well with the coldham hall meet & you all have a good time & a giggle. cheersice slice:love:love loribear.

Hi,Lori,

Missed you at Oulton yacht station i think i saw your boat come in but did'nt know it was you.

Our boat "ToT Tyme" was moored behind that old wooden boat (yellow and white ) on the floating pontoon outside.

We had a fab week too. and now i am looking to go out next week as well seeing as it could be Hot,Hot,Hot.

Glad you both enjoyed your holiday (goes quick don't it) :wavecheersbarcheers

Hi,Lori,

Missed you at Oulton yacht station i think i saw your boat come in but did'nt know it was you.

Our boat "ToT Tyme" was moored behind that old wooden boat (yellow and white ) on the floating pontoon outside.

We had a fab week too. and now i am looking to go out next week as well seeing as it could be Hot,Hot,Hot.

Glad you both enjoyed your holiday (goes quick don't it) :wavecheersbarcheers

:wave oh dear barry, if i'd seen you i'd have taken you out for a drink or two, :lol: maybe next time , lori cheersice slice

Lozi: Did you feel a little presence on board? ........

Your tale was so good it felt as though I were there, with you. :pirate

:wave hi smelly loo thanks, we had abit of time left this afternoon so we went & had a meal up at sutton staithe, had a lovely carvery there ...& a baileys lol. i was just managing to keep it tigether til i saw them take our boat away, & i got abit tearful, we're now sat at train station from hoveton, & i'm sat here still rocking, i think it will take me a few days to stop swaying lol, roll on next year. lori :Stinky

Lori,

Rather than worry about 12v chargers for everything it might be worth thinking about investing in a small 12V -240v inverter.

Here is the one I use, and where I got it from...

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_3&products_id=99827

It simply plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and you plug your normal mains charger into it.

Great for things like digital cameras where it can be difficult to get a 12v charger.

:wave hi goodall just had a look at that site it looks a good little gadget, i think i will get one ready for next year, thanx for the link, sorry it took so long,when i was on my hols i did'nt have much time to browse because of battery, thanx again lori

:wave hi all i started towrite a poem while i was down there, & have finally finished it so here it is hope you like it,

* COMING DOWN TO THE BROADS *

AT last we've come down to the broads

we're hiring a richardsons boat

a sedan type one named san remo

& it feels so good to be afloat,

it's the middle of september

& the weather seems so unreal

it feels more like a summers day

beautiful & yet so surreal,

we've been to quite a few places

each one has it's own appeal

& there's also some quaint little pubs

where you can get a lovely meal ,

we've travelled along all the rivers

from the ant to the river yare

& met quite a few nice people

who have helped me out here & there,

we've seen the beautiful morning mists

& the fiery red sunsets too

no matter where you go on the broads

you'll always find a beautiful view,

norfolk is just one of those places

that you can't help but get an affection for

each time you leave to go back home

you'll yearn to come back for more,

because the broads is an addiction

one that gets to you right from the start

& it's something that'll never leave you

it'll always remain in your heart. :Stinky lori

Glad you had a great time Lori,you picked a good week weather wise,I agree with all your comments about my home county,Norfolk is our little piece of heaven on earth.

And just to make you want a bit more,the broads are just 10 mins away from my front door,what a wonderful part of the world this is.

Glad you had a good time. I think we were moored up next to you a Oulton Broad-we were on Thunder.

We are glad we went that week as the weather was great-better than we had in august!

:wave hi matt sorry it's abit late, i kept trying to think who was next to us, where you in the share scheme boat ? & what is the catch with them ? :Stinky lori

• 6 months later...

Yep that was us onboard Thunder. That was me struggling with the two young children!

There really is no catch, you buy your share and pay your portion of the running costs. We own a 4% share in Thunder so get two weeks a year. After buying the share we pay about £600 per year. We had a week in August and that week in September. To hire the same style of boat from Ferry Marina would have cost us £1600 in August and £1200 In Sept plus all the normal hiring extras. Its not rocket science!

You need to view it as purely a holiday boat-you cant just go when you want or leave anything on the Boat.