Hireboat retirements

Dan

Hi Everyone

I know we often discuss new builds on here, but I thought with the end of the season approaching it might be interesting to see what is leaving at the end of the season and going up for sale, and maybe useful too if someone was considering buying one?

Topcraft Safaris are up for £17,500 and their 2 and 4 berth Topliner classes were up for sale at £39,995 I think

Not exactly straight off hire as I dont think they ever actually ran her, but one of The Good Boat Company's Aquabell's is for sale here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquabell-28-S ... 2eb7c827ca

I think Richardsons were considering some retirements and I wondered if Herbert woods might sell some off now their new owners have had a little time with the company?

Restful & Grande Time from DRL didnt come up on an availability search for next year so maybe they will also be for sale?

Anyone know of any others?

Dan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

The good boat company`s ex Tango class looks nice, thoughit looks like it`s had a recent paint job. For the saking price, and thats a classified ad price, NOT a current bid, it seems a lot of boat for very little money. I`l hazard a guess that you`ve had a look Dan?.

Hi Neil

I haven't had a look since she was sat at Richardsons, before they bought her. I guess that is over two years ago now but on the face of it, with a recent BSS she seems quite well priced, though it does indicate there's some work to do so I guess it depends on what it is that still needs tidying or attention.

I like the Aquabell's so will have to be strong! cheersbar

Dan

My Rosie was moored there before I sold her,there are 2 boats both ex tangos and have been for sale for 6 months or so,he was asking 17500 for them,they looked pretty sound and they obviously need a bit of TLC at 12k they are good value,I would think that an offer of 10k and they will bite your hand off,also you may also be able to moor there as well.it was £30 per foot

We have a few leaving our fleet

(Ideal 40, Aquafibre 42, Hampton 25s, Horizon 42, Bahamas, Bermudas, Aquafibre 33s and perhaps a couple more..)

some may continue their hire life somewhere else.

Some may even come back for next summer!

i know Richardsons have a boat graveyard somewhere

we tried to find it when we were looking to buy a boat but couldn't so we ended up with this old girl

pity though cos i still really really want a broads boat

maybe in the future (no so distant) i will sell this and me my broads boat

one that needs work other wise i won't have anything to do lol

Steve,

Unlike most graveyards, ours is emptying out !

we have had to free up moorings for the extra boats we have bought in as we get tight for space in the winter.. and they look pretty bad for the cusomers driving past them on holiday..

there are still about 6 over there and three which are being painted as they are pretty sound boats.

the 'project' boats we have sold have all gone for bargain prices so get in quick if you fancy having a go cheers

the Ex hire fleet which are now becoming available are ready to go, just change the names and enjoy them :dance

i wish i had a few K knocking about i'd love to buy a broads boat i could do up

but i've just spent all my savings and maxed all my cards out doing this one

it'll take me a couple of yrs to pay everything off i reckon lol

i need to get my printing business busy to pay for it all

anyone need any personalised mugs, t-shirts, coasters or vinyl for boat names done gimme a shout :)

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Some of those boats Jonny posted have been for sale since last year. I do think some of the asking prices are far too high, but if you can get a decent one straight out of the fleet, and it`s mechanically sound, it`s worth haggling. The ex Topcraft Hamtons both have very recent replacement engines, as well as other bits and pieces, so should be a good buy.