Richardsons Forward drve 45. (RF45)

Hi Dave,

we have been focusing on the bigger boas as it was the first hull we produced, we are making a start on a new 38 foot single level boat in a few weeks time when this 45 foot version is built.

Glad you like what we are doing, we do too!

38' is that a new hull or will you be making a plant to drop in the rear of the 45' mould tool

.... we are making a start on a new 38 foot single level boat in a few weeks time when this 45 foot version is built...

38' sounds good.

The 45 foots are great, but they are pretty massive.... 38' should be a good size for still having a good amount of space and layout options open but a nice size to handle and find mooring spots for, plus not quite such a rip off to licence.

Dan

I think a 38ft version would make an ideal 4-6 berth, but would also lend itself well to the ultimate 2 berth fwd dv cruiser, with all the comforts of home, any chance Clive?.

Regards to all ......................... Neil.

Hi Neil,

Where we are from, nothing is beyond the realms of possibility, you may just have to wait a while,!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Clive, Ive just seen the internal photos on your Facebook, WOW amazing, loving the blinds and the colour of the upholstery.  My only question is ........ what does the seating look like in the front !!   eagerly anticipating more photos !!   ...... cant wait now till our turn in August :love

Hi Clive, Ive just seen the internal photos on your Facebook, WOW amazing, loving the blinds and the colour of the upholstery.  My only question is ........ what does the seating look like in the front !!   eagerly anticipating more photos !!   ...... cant wait now till our turn in August :love

Hi Ali,

I will see if anyone can get some pics up later as she is now all cleaned!

Clive, Thanks for reinventing the bathtub! She certainly is different and full of character. Had a look at the internals on Facebook and impressed. Have seen two new craft this week and both yours and the other yards look good, avoiding what I call the flat-pack look that some new build fit outs remind me of. 

Hi whats the heating system on this version, I know the other rc45 have twin air system but read that this has radiators, If so what running cost compared to warm air. We had Suncharm a few years ago and couldn't get it warm but the hot water side was great.

Hi whats the heating system on this version, I know the other rc45 have twin air system but read that this has radiators, If so what running cost compared to warm air. We had Suncharm a few years ago and couldn't get it warm but the hot water side was great.

Siddy, Hi.

I don't know about boats heating costs but ducted warm-air heating was all the rage in houses when we had one built in 1971.... you don't hear a lot about it now!

That's yet another very well thought out craft Clive! Its occurred to me that a somewhat shorter version may well be hugely popular judging by the number of hires you get on the mid sized "Gem" and similar boats. Have there or might there be any thoughts of you producing a shorter version?

Trevor

That's yet another very well thought out craft Clive! Its occurred to me that a somewhat shorter version may well be hugely popular judging by the number of hires you get on the mid sized "Gem" and similar boats. Have there or might there be any thoughts of you producing a shorter version?

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

The plan is to start work on a 38foot version in about 8 weeks when the next two 'Carousels' are finished, she will be a 4-6 berth the same as 'Broadlander', we plan to build a few of these but probably after the next 4 Broadsman.

Hi Clive,  I assume as she is on her maiden voyage there are no more internal pics yet.  I am really interested to know about the lounge area and seating arrangement, as one of my daughters has volunteered to sleep in this area.  Can we expect nice plush seats (like that on Broadsman/Carousel) or looking at the boat layout is this area going to be dominated by a table and chair arrangement ?  (8 weeks and counting now) :Sailing Ali

Hi Jonzo, I think that your reply is good news to me :smile: looking at the boat layout the one thing I really disliked was the round table and chair arrangement.  If the reality lives up to what is in my head and judging by your reply it might be, then I will be a very happy bunny (along with my daughter of course) ??  :teddy:

She has the long L-shaped sofa to starboard like you'd expect on a forward steer boat, only because she's 45' long it's massive. There's a lot of space onboard.

And then some, John! Friday Girl is 34x12ft and we have acres of space for two (and Jim).

I'm not sure how happy I'd be manoeuvring a brand new 45 footer... especially if it wasn't mine.

we were on carousel this easter so are familiar with the 45ft size. You seem to have some inside knowledge, have you been aboard ? Is the dining table set up like the Broadsman (folding table that stores under helms seat)? This enables the extra space in the saloon which is good news :) Also I have another question .... are there radiators on board ??? nice for the towels but from experience not so nice for the fuel ?

I love having you on here Jonzo, I dont really need to reply to much as you have the answers!

the heater is a 4kw heater which should be enough although we have an awkward customer at present who has created issues with the heater which I am not sure are sorted as yet. are they??