Sign in to follow this  
Guest phill

Aquafibre Ideal 40

Hi

Can any one help we have a aquafibre ideal 40 1980 ?? fitted with im told a bmc 2.3 ?? The prop on the boat is a 11" and it should be fitted with a 16"

Does any one Known what size it should be as we need a new one...Thanks

Almost impossible to say without more info like the output your particular BMC 2.3 achieves, the gearbox reduction and the displacement of the boat I’m afraid. Unless somebody has a similar craft or Clive has or has had something similar on his fleet that is.

Hi Phill,

BMC made a 2.2 and a 2.5 but I dont think that matters too much, as they are fairly similar..

I have only known Ideal 40s to have either 1.5 or 1.8 BMC engines but the most important thing is to find out what gearbox

you have and wether it is direct drive or on a reduction then you can decide which prop is best suited. I dont know too much about working these things out but there are others here that can.

Welcome to the forum ice slice

Why do you want to change the size? are you making correct speed at full revs? are you making full revs at wide open throttle in gear? if not what revs speed are you making as this will be a good indicator of the size you need.