Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brucec

New Printer

The new photo printer is installed in the studio. An Epson 9890. It's a bit big ...

We're providing services to photographers and painters, including very large format printing (anyone want a print or canvas 44 inches x 30 metres?).

post-175-136713868207_thumb.jpg

Bruce

And I thought my A1 printer I use for my business was big!!

'Fraid not, that's a bit wimpish :naughty:

That looks a really nice piece of kit Bruce.

We have an Epson Stylus Pro 9000 in one of the businesses that is used for proofing large format carton designs, for client layout approval. It has been a good bit of kit over the years without much in the way of problems.

Fingers crossed yours gets plenty of use.

Hi G&A. No, the ink doesn't come in buckets, but it comes in 8 tanks each the size of a video cassette (remember those?). The door that you can see on the left of the printer in the photo takes 4 of the cartridges, and the other 4 go in the equivalent on the right hand side. Cartridges come with different quantities of ink, the smallest being 150 ml per cartridge, and a full set of those costs about £400. I don't even want to think about how much a set of 750ml each would cost (yes, I could work it out, but I don't want to!). :o

Blimey! Well i guess if you have been good enough for Father Christmas they're an easy enough shape to wrap!! And thats some weight of ink at full size. Its a real beast!!

Ok, so call me thick if you like, but I have only just realised you are now offering a printing service Bruce! If I take anything worth while, I'll be in touch as anything over about A4, and Photobox really don't cut the mustard.

No, you're not thick, Mark - I'm obviously being too bashful about our services. Please have a look at the articles on the blog http://norfolkartplace.blogspot.com/, and the website at http://www.norfolkartplace.com

You're right, mass market printing gives no real idea of the quality that can be obtained from a photograph with proper printing. Coincidentally I wrote an article about this last week - http://norfolkartplace.blogspot.com/2011/10/enjoying-quality-prints-missing.html

Your work is perfectly good enough to be printed well :naughty:

All the best.

Bruce

i wish i could take a good enough picture to stand being blown up into a good wall sized picture

i have some pictures id love to mount on the wall but i know they would look like rubish as soon as they were blown up

but i will keep trying :oops:

i made this 1st picture into a mouse mat for the owners and they loved it.

jill cheers

post-115-136713871762_thumb.jpg

post-115-136713872077_thumb.jpg

i wish i could take a good enough picture to stand being blown up into a good wall sized picture

i have some pictures id love to mount on the wall but i know they would look like rubish as soon as they were blown up

but i will keep trying :oops:

jill cheers

One of the downsides of digital photography is that photos are now just a set of pixels,

blow it up too much, or zoom in too much (which is basically the same) and you start to see the individual pixels!

This wasn't such a problem with film cameras but then we can all remember the disappointments

we had when we got the results of our 36 shots back from the developers.

Like you I have some great photos that I took in the past that are just too grainy to blow up.

The only time you have to worry about "how many megapixels" is my camera is when you go to blow them up.

My latest one is 12MP (I think) and Ive taken to using it instead of binoculars when looking at distant objects.

My record to date is reading the name of a ship about 4 miles away.

I like the mog, my number one cat must have a sister.

(I am working on my firms box so I don't have access to any of my photos of her)

Yeah working, at 03:56, because my users wanted to test something before lunch time....

And they are all in India!

)

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.