Sign in to follow this  
Guest rictic

Hire boats returning to Somerleyton

Just been given notice to vacate my mooring at crown cruisers at Somerleyton at the end of this season along with quite a few others, the ones with the electic hook up along the bank from the slip, the boats in the middle are okay.

Le boat are going to operate hire boats from this yard from next year, good news for the southern broads, looks like I,m going to be heading NORTH

regards.

RicTic

Hi Ric,

I have some moorings in Horning now available with a minimim charge of 25 foot (instead of 30) also should have a couple of big moorings there soon and a one left for a 'small' boat.

I think there may also be a couple at Stalham all with electric available..

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

What are your charges for a 25 ftr Clive (at Horning and Stalham that is)?.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

This is good news for the Southern rivers. Even though Topcraft have ceased hiring, their big boats are going to stay south being taken over by WRC, and will be let independantly from Ferry marina at Horning. All it needs now is for Richardsons to re-open a redundant yard on the southern rivers, and put all their high level and sedan cruisers there ;););) .

This is good news for the Southern rivers. Even though Topcraft have ceased hiring, their big boats are going to stay south being taken over by WRC, and will be let independantly from Ferry marina at Horning. All it needs now is for Richardsons to re-open a redundant yard on the southern rivers, and put all their high level and sedan cruisers there ;););) .

Ah so! I wonder if that is what Clive is eventually planning for Far Horizon?

I suppose that if they build high level boats that can't get through Yarmouth they can alway trailer them down :naughty::naughty:

I dont think we will be opening a southern yard any time soon, we are actually reducing our fleet on the Northern rivers as we are not prepared to pay the river tax so there is little prospect of adding boats down south.

What is this twoddle about themnnotngoing through Yarmouth. 100 percent surethey will for transit purposes however probably won't be covered by the insurance for hirers to do so. Don't think they will need trailering anywhere!