New Year's Eve 2011

mbird

Hi All

A few of us have been having a discussion about possibly doing something for NYE. Last year those of us that attended had a brilliant time at Coldham Hall, and so I have contacted them to see if they are putting on the same sort of do this year, which they are! They have live music from a band, as well as a disco. A hot buffet is included in the ticket price of £15 per person, which was of a superb standard.

As I have made contact, I don't mind being the "organiser" (i.e. take money for tickets...) unless anyone else would rather do it? I'm not going to mess about with allocating mooring spaces etc. I'll reserve the number we need, but as for leccy/side-on etc, I'm sure we're all grown up enough to be able to sort that out as we arrive there!

List so far (boat name and number of tickets required):

Serenity (x2)

Happy Jax 3 (x4)

Job Done (x2)

Katakalousse (x3)

Alex's Star (x3) - Baz, please confirm if I have this right?

Escape (x2)

Clandestine (x3)

The more the merrier, so please come and join the party!!! :party2::party2::party2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I need to confirm the numbers of tickets with Coldham hall on Thursday 01/12/11, so if anyone else would like to join in an excellent evening, please speak now or forever hold your pieces cheersbar

Serenity (x2)

Happy Jax 3 (x4)

Job Done (x2)

Katakalousse (x3)

Alex's Star (x3) - Baz, please confirm if I have this right?

Escape (x2)

Clandestine (x3)

R&R (x2) - provisional

Mark we are definitely coming but can I also add a provisional +2 which we will try and confirm beofre thursday

No problem Gav. I'll be calling Coldham with definate numbers on Friday. I spoke to George on Monday and we are still ok for ticket numbers and mooring availability, but as last year'sdo was a sell out, I don't want to leave it too late.

• 2 weeks later...

When are you planning to be on your boats over New Year??

We will be out on the Thursday to Monday over the NY period. If anyone is about it would be great to catch up, maybe go to Brammerton, Surlingham etc. etc. May even give the old girl a good thrashing over Breydon. :grin:

When are you planning to be on your boats over New Year??

We will be out on the Thursday to Monday over the NY period. If anyone is about it would be great to catch up, maybe go to Brammerton, Surlingham etc. etc. May even give the old girl a good thrashing over Breydon. :grin:

And what does Lou say to that??? :naughty::naughty::naughty:

• 4 weeks later...

After another 4 glorious days on the boat - yes apart from a sprinkling of rain, we found ourselves out on the Broads again for New Year and the weather was incredibly mild! The trip started out with us running up the river to Surlingham Ferryhouse on the Friday where there were more dubious quiz answers than I have ever heard banded around - Thanks must be given to Luke and Claire for organising this part of the journey then it was on to Coldham Hall for New Years Eve, where Wayne's wardrobe was banded around, a huge thankyou to Mark and Susan for organising this and finally a really pleasant after party at Cantley on New Years day! Some fantastic times with some great friends! Many thanks to Wayne, Tracey and Maggot for hosting this!

Barry and his New Years Tie! (So similar to other peoples, but not quite!

DSC02070.jpg

A few of the New Years Eve crowd

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

Some of the boats at the Cantley 'After Party' on New Years Day - Thank you to Charlie for providing top entertainment!

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

Lastly - can someone explain this 'safety feature' please!

DSC02150.jpg

After another 4 glorious days on the boat - yes apart from a sprinkling of rain, we found ourselves out on the Broads again for New Year and the weather was incredibly mild! The trip started out with us running up the river to Surlingham Ferryhouse on the Friday where there were more dubious quiz answers than I have ever heard banded around - Thanks must be given to Luke and Claire for organising this part of the journey then it was on to Coldham Hall for New Years Eve, where Wayne's wardrobe was banded around, a huge thankyou to Mark and Susan for organising this and finally a really pleasant after party at Cantley on New Years day! Some fantastic times with some great friends! Many thanks to Wayne, Tracey and Maggot for hosting this!

Barry and his New Years Tie! (So similar to other peoples, but not quite!

DSC02070.jpg

A few of the New Years Eve crowd

DSC02079.jpg

DSC02143.jpg

DSC02130.jpg

DSC02093.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

Some of the boats at the Cantley 'After Party' on New Years Day - Thank you to Charlie for providing top entertainment!

DSC02152.jpg

DSC02154.jpg

DSC02153.jpg

DSC02156.jpg

Lastly - can someone explain this 'safety feature' please!

DSC02150.jpg

We had a great New Year celebrations at Coldham Hall, with a couple of nights at Surlingham, and one at Cantley after New Year..

Loads and loads of pictures taken, and I must admit, most of them cannot (and will not) make the forum for reasons known to the 'artists' involved !! However, here are a few..

This is Wayne with his Birthday present from a month or so earlier. I said that if he wore it on New Years Eve we would put a few quid into a charity of his choice. The clever *** pointed out that I didn't mention he had to wear anything else !!

not_su10.jpg

Well, once that was over, everybody wanted to have a go !!!

others10.jpg

Great to see Steve and Babs out - sorry guys I didn't much time to chat, but we will have to catch up soon !! (and thanks for the blue lights - hopefully no one got any pictures !!!! (yeah, I know it was you lot !!)

steve_10.jpg

The boys at dinner

the_bo10.jpg

The girls at dinner

the_gi10.jpg

The view from our boat

the_vi10.jpg

And the view from Coldham Hall - it was quite impressive !! (shame about the blue ones of course !)

the_re10.jpg

And one last picture - here is Gav working out whether or not it would fit !! ;)

will_i10.jpg

Many, many thanks to Mark for organising the weekend, and thanks to everyone that made it yet again, another very memorable weekend !

Luke & Claire

Good to hear you guys had a good evening.

Gav you need to take your Christmas Sacks down off your ship after Christmas :naughty:

We had a good evening at Shotley, Harwich did their usual superb job with the midnight pyrotechnics and Phil was a revelation driving Carron's temporary mode of transport :o

Good to hear you guys had a good evening.

Gav you need to take your Christmas Sacks down off your ship after Christmas :naughty:

We had a good evening at Shotley, Harwich did their usual superb job with the midnight pyrotechnics and Phil was a revelation driving Carron's temporary mode of transport :o

Yes I heard Phil drove over her foot or something????? :grin::grin: