2012 Brochure

thereevos

I have today received a boating holiday brochure from a well known holiday company. Very nice, but just one thing I have picked up on and am quite horrified to see. Lots of photographs of people on their lovely boats and NOT wearing life jackets, even children. What kind of message does this send to people thinking of hiring boats with there families on what we all know are tidal, unpredictable and dangerous stretches of waterway.

....I have picked up on and am quite horrified to see. ....

Have you never looked at one of these brochures before then?

The odd company have moved towards your suggestion in recent times, perhaps it will go that way in the future, perhaps it is the right idea, but given they have never been part of the past I am a little suprised you were truly horrified.

I take the point that you think they should feature though, and given debate on them in the past I'm sure there is a bandwagon due round the corner any second that many will be keen to jump aboard :naughty:

Dan

Often there's no fenders either.... a different issue and not safety related I agree, but of course they are promotional photos and personally I have no major issues with people needing to make some obvious & simplistic adjustment in their mind for that.... but given how people do not expect to and are not encouraged to think for themselves & apply common sense I expect that at some point in the future you will get your wish.

The outlook or a change has some merit of course... though personally I cant say as it bothers me

Dan