Reedham ferry closure

MY littleboat

It's taken about three weeks in past years as well.

I guess they take the opportunity to scrape and antifoul the hull and maybe strip the engine as well.

It is basically a boat, doing quite a bit of voyaging, after all..... :naughty:

In reality I dont thing three weeks is a long time for the sort of work they will be doing, after all they have to strip/assess and re-certify the chain winding gear, there is a good deal of work which will be for certification as well as hull maintenance. We, I feel, are also extrememly lucky that we have one of the chain ferries still operating, it would be great if Surlingham still had one too!!

Apart from that at least it isnt on a 'half term' or in a busy period...because guess when the next NR bridge works are scheduled.... yep Easter!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Hello Jill,

Thanks for that.

We always try to moor here when on that part of the river, I like to watch the ferry going backwards & forwards across the river.

The pub is ideal with the range of meals and the use of the showers for boats mooring there.

Regards

Alan

Alan Hood

Ranworth Breeze

• 3 months later...

Hello John,

I have only just seen this post that you made earlier in the year.

orry not Ranworth, we are moored on Tingdene Marina, we have been down here around three years now before we were moored at Ferry Marina, at the time we thought it was alright but after seeing other marinas on the Broards now know it was lacking.

Regards

Alan

Hello John,

I have only just seen this post that you made earlier in the year.

orry not Ranworth, we are moored on Tingdene Marina, we have been down here around three years now before we were moored at Ferry Marina, at the time we thought it was alright but after seeing other marinas on the Broards now know it was lacking.

Regards

Alan

Is that the Brundall Bay Marina, Alan?