Shore power

Hi,

I am about to install a shore power system, with one two 240v sockets and a feed to battery charger. The consumer unit (fuse/trip/junction box), are there any units for boats that are something like IP56 rated.

Ian :Sailing (5 weeks and counting)

Hi Ian, if you're going for a good quality compact easy fit why not look at an all in one battery charger, with propper 3 stage and float, ring main connection in an easy to fit unit and designed for marine use. As far as I am aware even the marine stuff is not really designed for "wet" areas so you may have to look at industrial factory process kit if that's what you're after.

Hi,

Trevor,we have one of those already and they did a good job last year. Our one is not as good as the plugs fit down the centerline so the plug leads get in the way of the next plug. Your one is better as the plugs are orientated across the unit.

David, I have now ordered a Sterling 1250CED unit cheersbar

Ian