Richardsons 2012 brochure

Dan

Whatho Everyone

My copy arrived today.... nice brochure, with a sensible amount of boats per page to stop becoming to much of a massive or hard to use catalogue... lots of nice pictures and a few nice touches like the history page.

Like the look of Carousel's layout - a cracking flagship to my mind and the new Broadlander looks an interesting one... look forward to seeing them on the water.

It also looks like one or two old faces might be leaving as a few are omitted or look to potentially have a number in class cut down - such as San Tropez, Emerald Gem, Morning Horizon, Little Gem, San Evita, San Michelle & Top Gem & Voyager.

Good to see most boats are representated with a photo of that class, with fewer "similar craft" type illustrations.... what does everyone else think?

Dan

I liked the brochure too. It's in keeping with the previous ones and does what it says on the tin in terms of a simple layout. The layout plans are clear and easy to read. Pleased they've made a little more of the loyalty scheme as well. Some very good photos and I like the piece at the beginning about the yard's history.

I guess it makes sense to let go of some of the older craft (good spot Dan).

as the VIP's are booked for this year my dad left the richos 2012 in the co op headquarters on purpose in the staff room :naughty::naughty:

there building is 4 stories high & half a level is there staff room :lol::lol:

Jonny

I see a number of boats, particularly smaller ones are now available on Saturday/Tuesday departures that were just on Saturday weekly hire only before. A good move I think, particularly if the Friday/Mondays are booking up well, as long as what would normally let for a week doesnt start to regularly only go out for half of the week I suppose :lol:

Far Horizon seems good value for a new boat, influenced heavily by her bridge restrictions and perhaps added appeal to just one couple I suppose but really does make her quite tempting!

All the best

Dan

dan

i hired her for three weeks

i guess she just could not take any more :o:o:o:naughty::naughty:

Looked like she was heading to DRL Marine as she appeared on their website, but as theyve now been removed it looks like that has not worked out.

Perhaps they are still a long way off repairing all the bits you broke??! :naughty:

All the best

Dan

Dan - I'm eithr missing something or I've got a different version of the brochure to you! Little Gem and San Evita are in my version.....

Yes, but the choice of start days for those classes last year had multiple start days (Mon, Fri, Sat, Tues etc) but for 2012 are a smaller choice of start days which matches the intention to sell some of the craft within the class I think. It's the same with Voyager, Major' and a few others....

All the best

Dan

Well done Richos - best brochure so far.

Well laid out, modern and great pictures.

I hadn't realised there were some of the ex Le Boat 900FBs in the fleet now too - sorry I mean Ha'penny or whatever crap name LeBoat gave them lately. We hired one in Narbonne in Summer 2002 on honeymoon, and loved the fact that they were a bit of Norfolk all the way over in the South of France. Great to see a few of them back home. Might even consider a long weekend in one of them in the near future.

I also love the yard history section - very interesting information about the history of AF and also Horizon. The fact that Richo's made a series of fishing, work and tug boats is fascinating.

I wonder what happened to the Horizon 35/42 mould though - the history implies that the Horizon 33 mould was sold abroad, but nothing of the 35/42?

cheers,

James.

Thanks for all the good comments guys, there is plenty of effort from all directions which goes into geting this to print on time. :clap

as for the Horizon moulds, the 35 hull was broken up at Stalham about 15 years ago, the 35 superstructure was cut up about 10 years ago with the Transocean superstructure at Catfield and the 42 hull and superstructure was also cut up at Catfield about 5/6 years ago.

yeah i agree great brosure but i wish the adds were more to the point as looking for a boat advertised for a week at £367 for early May suddenly becomes over £535 with the security deposit and fuel errrr i think £130 for a small boat is a bit excessive oh and plus parking oh good search Clive with our getting a brosure as its 10 years since we last used Richardsons you must keep the files a long time lol :wave

£552.50 thats for Petite Gem

£400 FOR Pacific Emerald all in so sorry but no contest

Hi Dave,

Perhaps you are right and it is worth a little extra to start from Stalham with the Petite Gem but the other bonus is that you would

get some of your fuel deposit back as long as you dont go too fast. ;)

Glad you like the brochure I guess you are just waiting for us to include a boat for you with varnish on the cabin sides?

:naughty: