Goodbye Daytona Bill

w44nty

It is very sad that Neil (daytona bill) has been banned from our forum,what was said or done remains behind close doors for the integrity of the forum and its members and quite rightly so.

We will all miss Neils contribution to the forum,as have been already said, some of his comments have been lively at times and he always tried to put over his point of view towards the posts which was of interest to him.

Those who have met Neil, will agree with me that Neil is a pleasant easy going person,always courteous,and is good company to be with.

Maybe some common sense could have prevailed and his posting rights suspended for a period of time,this would have allowed a cooling off period and Neil could have decided wether or not to return to the forum,that is the way other forums work,I know because I have been in the same position as Neil is now in.

I was told that this forum was founded because some of the founder members fell foul of another forum,which in turn lead to this forum be started,if thats the case perhaps there should be a process to follow, before a ban is imposed,perhaps the admin and mods can agree a process to be followed if one is not already in place.

I along with others will miss his banter in the chat room,and also in the weekly quiz,its a shame that it has ended like this.

I have now had my say and I will not be making any other comments on this issue

+1 and I'm sure Neil's watching from wherever. Have one (or several) for me Neil cheersbar .

As for his old posts been intact, as mentioned in the "Complaints" thread, I can't find any history of Neil - he's totally gone and all his memories :cry .

I can still see his posts.

They are still there, even thiough you can't find them by looking for his user name and searching for them

Good luck Billy Boy, Take care, and I will see you on the river someday (you won't see me though, cos I will run the other way and hide from you. )

cheersbar

I didn't know, until I read this 'thread', that Neil had been banned.

Its is not for me to question the reasoning behind the 'banning', or make judgement as to whether the decision to do so, was completely justified.

However, it is with regret that Neil has gone from the forum, as although I never had the pleasure of meeting him (albeit my son did), I formed the opinion that he was a very sociable guy.

Neil was up-front and honest with his opinion, and would call 'a spade, a spade', coming from a generation (as I do too) when common sense prevailed, and Political Correctness hadn't been invented.

Running a forum of my own, I do know that Political Correctness dictates what can and can't be be allowed to be 'posted', and its not always a easy job to decide if, what can be a very fine line would be crossed or not.

For this reason, the discussion of certain subjects cannot be permitted on a well run 'board'.

I'm sure that the admin of this forum, did not take this decision lightly, and would have considered all the options. Its not an easy job!!!

All that said, you will be missed by many Neil. Good luck wherever life takes you, and hope meet you on the water some day.

Dave

Sad times, as for why i dont know nor do i care, unless your rude & abusive then your views should always be welcome. I did not know it was comman place to ban people, i guess the freedom of speach is well and truely gone.

Big ***** of the glasses to Neil for his contributions cheersbar

i guess the freedom of speach is well and truely gone.

Another misnomer :roll:

The site moderators have to protect the site from potential criminal prosecution/libel this is one of the reasons for the TOS. Individuals should be aware that they are subject to the same laws as if they were making comments in public.

Regrettably some people believe because they can hide behind the relative anonymity of a keyboard they are beyond the law, that is far from the truth as recent examples have shown. The attached article makes interesting reading.

http://www.fosters-solicitors.co.uk/new ... -media/245

I know nothing about the current events but do know from the time I have spent on this forum that the moderators style is a gentle touch on the tiller with restraint being generally practised. I have confidence that this action would not have been taken were it not warranted.

I wish Neil well.

"I know nothing about the current events but do know from the time I have spent on this forum that the moderators style is a gentle touch on the tiller with restraint being generally practised. I have confidence that this action would not have been taken were it not warranted."

This^^^

And I also wish Neil and his family well!

"I know nothing about the current events but do know from the time I have spent on this forum that the moderators style is a gentle touch on the tiller with restraint being generally practised. I have confidence that this action would not have been taken were it not warranted."

This^^^

And I also wish Neil and his family well!

Well, Neil and we have had our ups and downs over the years and we know that he likes to call a spade an effin' shovel.............. but, I don't know which particular shovel has dug his grave.

I do know that the Mods confer frequently over contentious issues and I'd be only too happy to hear just which of them Neil has finally breached?

I sincerely hope we are not becoming too PC on our Forum.

Unfortunately John, you will only ever get one side of the story because as I have and am tired of saying, we will never discuss or disclose members details of any sort, period. As for banning and I refer to no specific case here, it is interesting that some people banned on here have already been banned from another forum and been welcomed here. That tells me a lot, bannings on here are almost always not the result of one specific incident (unless that is a deliberate breach of trust of members only area) but an accumulation.

Is it Groundhog Day? I believe we went through this last year. I must be missing something because I have never read anything on here from anyone that could cause offence to have the reaction of an actual 'ban'. I was under the impression that this site was a bit more accommodating than some, I would be intrigued to know , but probably never will know, what on earth Daytona Bill has put is size 9s into this time. Poor chap.