Guess where

quo vadis

Deductions:

we seem to be looking towards the open Sea, maybe across a headland, because there's a windfarm on the horizon, (though I suppose that could be on a marsh behind a container port).

The foreground definitely appears to be bathing beach, possibly on a wide estuary.

The beach huts look vaguely "foreign", as does the sign at the bottom of the steps.

The photo seems to have been taken high up on a ship, close in to the edge of an entrance channel quayheading, maybe a lock.

I think Antaries is on the right track, somewhere along the German/Dutch/French North Sea Coast.

I've been going blind following the coat downwards in Google Earth, looking for a windfarm near a large container port.... :roll:

I've flown over Zeebrugge, Le Havre and Dunkirk many times in my Google reconnaissance plane and can't spot anywhere with that layout of features.

The ship-sized quay in the left foreground with the bathing beach and the wind farm in the distance beyond the container berths don't seem to fit anywhere....

A lot of Google earth is quite old Stowie, and wind farms go up faster than sunflowers so maybe a bit misleading looking for one on and oldish shot.

No argument with the age of Google Earth overheads, they still show a my garden from over 5 years ago !

I'd concentrated mostly on the orientation of the quay with the beach and the container port with no other buildings visible, which implied a peninsular with a canal type ship access channel in the Southern corner, (assuming the eastern coastline of the North Sea).

I guess that may be complicated by the fact that the German/Dutch/French coastline has numerous wide deltas rather than a straight coastline like most of ours.