The idiots are about again,Please Be Aware!!

w44nty

First, Those yobs if caught and found to be 'of sound mind', should

face a long jail sentance!

Secondly, Liberty used to moor alongside us and I have to say that

she is not worth £3000 a week of anyone's money.

Many times she was returned in a rather sad state of repair including

a smashed drive leg done on the rocks at St Bennets which took

weeks to get the parts and get her back on hire.

How long before she gets back to 'full health' this time?

CHARGE THE YOBS FOR THE FULL COST WHEN THEY ARE CAUGHT :pirate

(Won't happen though...)

to be shot at dawn would be too good for the mindless idiots that have done this, im just happy the crew on board are all OK and continuing their holiday

i can see a typical sentance of, you are norty people and have some comunity service. bring back the birch!

Have the PC crowd gone completely bonkers? :cry:cry:cry:cry

I quote from W44ty's original:

Adrian Vernon, the Broads Authority’s head of ranger services, said: “We will be talking to the council and the police to see what further measures we can take to improve safety at the yacht station and we will be discussing it at our boat safety management group next month.

“The police have some suspects and if they are caught we will be doing some educational work with them. We will explain the dangers and implications of their actions, not just to the culprits but to their circle of friends and in the area where they live.â€

Flog/Birch/Cato'nine them more like.......

“The police have some suspects and if they are caught we will be doing some educational work with them. We will explain the dangers and implications of their actions, not just to the culprits but to their circle of friends and in the area where they live.â€

Flog/Birch/Cato'nine them more like.......

lolololol John

Getting back to safety esp at the Yacht Station where we have high and low ranges of tide i wonder if some sort of catch netting like they use at the end of runways for aroplanes would work if some sort of lockable mechanical net could be lowered before the bridges to stop runaways at night i know it wont be practical for 24hr use of the river but does safety come first

I always dropped my anchor if I suspected anything like this may happen, I know a mudweight on 12' of baler twine is unlikely to be effective on the rivers but it can't hurt. Maybe if these people were made to do a seasons night watch at the YS with serious penalties if anything went unreported it may serve to both educate and punish them at the same time and provide some security for boaters. This kind of thing has happened for decades and no constructive solution has been found yet.

Having been a victim of these numpties ourselves, all I will say is if the security fencing at Norwich had gone all the way along the path and down to the end of the yacht station then it is less likely that this would have happened. We have never stopped at Great Yarmouth and having heard this story we won't be doing so either. Is there any security fencing at Great Yarmouth?

Having been a victim of these numpties ourselves, all I will say is if the security fencing at Norwich had gone all the way along the path and down to the end of the yacht station then it is less likely that this would have happened. We have never stopped at Great Yarmouth and having heard this story we won't be doing so either. Is there any security fencing at Great Yarmouth?

Never stopped there for the same reason - security.

One thing that should be noted from this incident:

When the skipper realised that they were adrift he started the engines and got a prop-wrap on both props....

It is worth reminding everyone that you ALWAYS need to check for trailing lines BEFORE engaging gear.

I know that this was a panic situation, but it is in exactly for that sort of situation that you need to get

into a habit of ALWAYS checking for lines over the side otherwise you can further complicate your problems.

OK most cruisers have bow lines that are cut short to prevent them reaching the prop,

but the stern lines will reach it, and do so very easily when you engage astern!

(And remember this is coming from someone who prop-wrapped his cruiser

trying to turn it in Thurne Dyke a ccouple of years ago!) :oops::oops::oops:

You cannot educate the criminaly stupid. Just throw them in the river and let nature do the rest. :mad:two guns I've had stones and batteries thrown at me before when travelling on the river through Yarmouth, so not being able to get under the bridges anymore is no great loss to me!

Oh Gosh.... hindsight is a wonderful thing................ :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I used to have a Commercial Director who would always have a better idea of how I should have managed the quite frequent emergency situaitions we flew into when they arose.....

Sorry, Martin, but I wonder if I would have been astute enough to check in those circumstances....................