Sign in to follow this  
brandenjg

Where does the river go?

Hi everyone

I was wondering where in norfolk you can travel by boat, starting in norwich. When I've looked on google maps you can see the river leading in various directions e.g to fakenham? Is it even possible to follow the river that far. I've travelled Norwich to Brundall so far on a tender + a hire boat from Wroxham to Yarmouth but i don't know much else. Is there anywhere which is well worth a visit.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Not every blue line on the map is navicable, but there is alot for you yet to find. your lil mayland will get underbridges so go and explore, but you might want to trailer and launch if your to explore the north rivers.

Exploring sounds good :grin:. I've been reading up on breydon and i think I'd be fine to cross it into yarmouth. It costs me £60 to trailer a boat one way so it's not really an option :(

Crossing braydon, ok if your sure. but are you planning in sleeping in your mayland as it will take you a very long time to get to the furthest reaches. You said you were going to look for a mooring when the boat is done, you would get yourself a ok trailer for less money than a years moorings.

There are some nice areas to explore for a small boat at the top end of Barton broad :Stinky

We took a dayboat out and explored above Wayford bridge as far as navigable, the water became cristal clear, and we could see the fish swimming in and out of the weed on the bottom, nice and peaceful up there due to the low bridge keeping the larger boats out of the way, and its teaming with wildlife, including kingfishers, Jays, dragonflies and muntjack deer

Theres also a launching slipway near the bridge if ever you did decide to set yourself up with a trailer. :)

Julz :wave

There are some nice areas to explore for a small boat at the top end of Barton broad :Stinky

We took a dayboat out and explored above Wayford bridge as far as navigable, the water became cristal clear, and we could see the fish swimming in and out of the weed on the bottom, nice and peaceful up there due to the low bridge keeping the larger boats out of the way, and its teaming with wildlife, including kingfishers, Jays, dragonflies and muntjack deer

Theres also a launching slipway near the bridge if ever you did decide to set yourself up with a trailer. :)

Julz :wave

Wayford up to dilham is one of my favourite areas, and a area i often work, its beautiful and so peasefull up there, the water does indeed become very clear, a nice warm day and look into the water that the sun is not beaming on and you should see its full of creatures swimming about. happy days roll on summer.