Sign in to follow this  
Antares_9

A Hell of a Cruise

As you say Barry, a long way, the reason it interests me so much is that it's being done in one of the boats on our short list for the replacement of Kingfisher, a test like that tells a great deal.

As you say Barry, a long way, the reason it interests me so much is that it's being done in one of the boats on our short list for the replacement of Kingfisher, a test like that tells a great deal

can i have ago when you get one David please sir pweety pwease :naughty::naughty::lol::lol:

Jonny

As you say Barry, a long way, the reason it interests me so much is that it's being done in one of the boats on our short list for the replacement of Kingfisher, a test like that tells a great deal.

It'll certainly take you anywhere, David, but your fuel bill will go up somewhat if you travel at Kingfisher's speed! :clap:clap:clap

The Swift Trawler on shakedown.

What’s the best way to shakedown a brand-new 34-foot trawler before you take it on a four-month, 6500-mile passage? Take it on a 158-mile journey up the Chesapeake Bay from Norfolk, VA, to Annapolis in a hefty 25-knot blow, of course. And that’s exactly what Annapolis Yacht Sales’ Patrick Hopkins, Beneteau intern Axel Traineau, and I did on May 10, only five days before the boat was to embark on a long adventure around America’s Great Loop.

http://vimeo.com/42286239

It has a single 450HP Cummins John so will burn a bit more fuel but is quite frugal at lower speeds.

It has a single 450HP Cummins John so will burn a bit more fuel but is quite frugal at lower speeds.

Yes I noticed that in the tech specs but I was thinking about a sensible cruise speed for a 100NM sea-crossing of about 6-7 hours.

That would be burning about 32l/hour, which isn't that bad, is it? :clap:clap:clap