swimming pools

loribear

:wave afternoon everyone, & what a beautiful afternoon it is too, i wandered if anyone can help me, ive just taken up swimming & i'm enjoying it, ive only been 5 times so far bht have got upto 20 lengths already, & i would like to go when i'm kn my hols too, can anybody tell me if there is any swimming pools on the broads on either the north or south side near the rivers

,that are easy to get to ? Lori cheersice slice

There use to be one to the side of what use to be moor & co in Wroxham don't know if it's still there but I loved te place....

One at horning behind the ferry inn also one at waverney river centre southern broads

Beccles is open air, nice in this weather once the water has had a chance to heat up but bloody cold if you are snatching the odd sunny day in a normal summer.

It is right on the river bank but a good 15 minute walk from the yacht station.

WRC and the ferry up north are probably the best but will get crowded in peak holiday time and cost a bit more than your local baths.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Beccles is open air, nice in this weather once the water has had a chance to heat up but bloody cold if you are snatching the odd sunny day in a normal summer.

WRC and the ferry up north are probably the best but will get crowded in peak holiday time and cost a bit more than your local baths.

Thanks for info senator, but i think it will be a little cold when we go in september lol, i seem to remember one at ranworth broad i think, did it get shut down for health reasons ? I can't remember. Lori

It's all changed! :):):)

Beccles Lido has just reopened and is a heated outdoor swimming pool now! If you can get under the old bridge you can moor right outside on the floating pontoon! (just below the church) :clap:clap:clap

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/picture_gal ... _1_1389935

http://www.beccleslido.com/

Was open last year John, All I can say is the heating isn't very good :grin:

Perfect place if the temperature stays warm for a few days but the UK summer has a habit of throwing in cold spells that can put a bit of a chill on things.

Was open last year John, All I can say is the heating isn't very good :grin:

Perfect place if the temperature stays warm for a few days but the UK summer has a habit of throwing in cold spells that can put a bit of a chill on things.

Its just been re-opened after the Winter re-fit and is now heated...................... :cry

Sorry John, I thought the heating was installed in 1975 and was under the impression that the winter refurb involved replacement of pipes and the introduction of a solar generator to reduce the costs of running the heating and filtration system.

Anyway, It is a great place to spend time when the sun is out so please don't let my cold comment put you off, the temperature is probably better suited to proper swimming anyway, Kids will play in anything and when the sun is out it is great to be able to cool off.

It's all changed! :):):)

Beccles Lido has just reopened and is a heated outdoor swimming pool now! If you can get under the old bridge you can moor right outside on the floating pontoon! (just below the church) :clap:clap:clap

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/picture_gal ... _1_1389935

http://www.beccleslido.com/

hi john thanks for the info, had a look at the pool, it looks nice & big but it looks like it will be closed when we go, :( , by the way what height is the beccles bridge ? lori cheersice slice .

A nice pool that hasn't been mentioned is Horning Ferry Marina, next to the Horning Ferry pub car park. It's small (about the same size as the Waveney River Centre one) but my 12 year old daughter always enjoys a dip there.

Yep cracking place there cafe isn't bad either ... But last year with having all the hot weather none stop when it came to having a shower the water was that hot you could have made a cuppa when I asked the gent if he could turn it down I got a shrug & just walked away ....

Would never stop me going but I hope there not as hot this year :(

Jonny

The trouble with the pool in Horning is that the changing rooms are tiny and right next to the toilets. You have to walk through the cafe to get to and from the pool leading to a wet cafe floor and unless you are on a hire boat you have to pay to moor.