An unusual Salty Bottom

Boaters

Many of you may know Griff and the lads from Broad Ambition .They were selected to be in the 1000 boats io be on the Thames on Sunday to Join in the Queens celebrations with several other boats from this area even a canoe I heard.They arrived in London 16 hours after leavings he Broads this morning ,some achievement for a wooden ex Broads hire cruiser of some years of age.Will keep an eye out for them on Sunday ,let's hope the weather is kind to us all over the weekend. cheersbar

Indeed, and they have had the good sense all along to say they would only be going if the conditions were sufficiently benign for such a vessel and passage, well they couldn’t have wished for a more perfect day yesterday. Here’s hoping for a similar passage on the homeward leg. :grin:

Fantastic achievement for Griff and the guys. I know he was a bit nervous of it when I met him in Newark earlier in the year. We popped up to Sheringham yesterday evening, and the sea was absolutely glassy, so perfect for BA! Fingers crossed for a safe return trip for them.

Some achievement that for Griff & his crew at no small personal financial cost-when I spoke to him a couple of months ago not one sponsor had come forward-hope that changed.Safe journey home guys-BRILLIANT :trophy:trophy:trophy:clap:clap:clap

Boycee

:band

Very nice piece that was ... I like MTB 102 but so diserpointed that she got re engined all that welly they use to have is no longer there such a shame...

Jonny

The clip shown by the BBC was the forum meet at Fishermans Bar when the Northern convoy came out on to Breydon from under the bridge with Broad Ambition in front and the rest of us spreading out behind ,a realy good weekend and scorching hot with it ,the full clip is on You Tube cheersbar

Very nice piece that was ... I like MTB 102 but so diserpointed that she got re engined all that welly they use to have is no longer there such a shame...

Jonny

It's no good having huge engines if you can't afford to fuel them. Hundreds of gallons of petrol an hour makes for a very expensive to use boat, not to mention that a lot of those boats had aircraft engines that want to run on very high octane aviation spirit, rather than normal petrol.

It's no good having huge engines if you can't afford to fuel them. Hundreds of gallons of petrol an hour makes for a very expensive to use boat, not to mention that a lot of those boats had aircraft engines that want to run on very high octane aviation spirit, rather than normal petrol.

Not to mention the danger of those bloody old Merlin engines! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Followed the exploits over the last few days and they did themselves proud for bringing it to fruition.Their plan is to leave this afternoon arriving back in Lowestoft Wednesday morning ,maybe with MTB 102 which is being towed back home.Good luck to them all. cheersbar

It does beg the question, though, of how far you go in relation to loss of authenticity on an item of historical significance. She is, after all, the only survivor of her class.