Anyone out and about this weekend!

Jim

Just got back to Shotley after taking part in the Shotley Yacht Club QDJ Pagent up the Orwell. Blowing a Hooley and chucking it down but it did not dampen our spirits.

Boats dressed and patriotic music playing.

Radio Suffolk were on board one of the Yachts.

Hi Perry,

Good to hear you had a good time despite the weather cheers We decided to leave it till tomorrow to go up to the Broads because the weather was so bad. I expect we will get there early tomorrow and come back on Wednesday morning. Got to go to Russell Marine on Tuesday and pick up the new outboard.

Watching the Thames Pageant at the moment trying to see if we can pick out Broad Ambition :Stinky

According to Countryfile weather will be terrible for the entire week, excluding tomorrow, and possibly beyond. Makes one wonder if boat ownership is worth it in the UK :cry

If you can afford it then it is! :clap:clap:clap

Personally I feel so sorry for the hundreds of hirers and their kids who are booked out for this half-term... :cry:cry:cry

It is a great shame for everybody and could well impact adversely on the hire industry. The summer last year was a wash out from end of June and this one has just been a wash out. The idea of being stuck on a boat for a week or two in this weather is an awful thought. When was the last good summer?

It is a great shame for everybody and could well impact adversely on the hire industry. The summer last year was a wash out from end of June and this one has just been a wash out. The idea of being stuck on a boat for a week or two in this weather is an awful thought. When was the last good summer?

1976 was a really fantastic Summer! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

1976 was a really fantastic Summer! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

I remember it well with heath and moorland fires all over the country! In those days I suffered very badly with hay fever so I recall more sneezes and sore eyes than ever :shocked

I've just checked the Accuweather UK 25 forecast for Norwich and it looks like the whole month is a washout :cry

Have a good break Jim, the weather is the weather just make the best of it, there is always the pub cheersbar

If you let the weather put you off no one would do anything. It is a shame though that given the weather last week this would have been the 'normal' bank holiday.

Still beats working :grin:

We're going to extend things a bit and travel back on Weds which will give us two days afloat and me a chance to test the new Mariner :naughty:

Laptop packed too so should be able to follow all the NBN posts ;)