Sign in to follow this  
RedRover

Ludham bridge moorings

Barry are these on stalham side if so at the start near the shop or the end?

Jonny

Barry are these on stalham side if so at the start near the shop or the end?

Jonny

About halfway along Jonny,just past the water point.. That was a surprise i must admit no warning that it was going to happen they just moved in.

This caused a much heated discussion on another forum at the time, where the Nancy Oldfield Trust came under negative criticism, sad really, how some people could hold such views.

The bottom line is that the Trust previously leased two moorings below the Bridge, in amongst the boatyard's moorings.

The Broads Authority NavCom minutes show that they gave those up to the BA with the intention that they should become a BA leased yacht demasting point, in return for the Trust leasing the 40m section just above the LBBY water and electric points, for their two wheelchair access boats.

The plan has changed somewhat though, and it's difficult to find out the exact outcome. There appears to be some confusion now over where the demasting moorings are now, they appear to have been absorbed into the boatyard's private moorings.

when I was on The Ant week before last, there were clear signs below the bridge stating yacht demasting point, so all appear to have been sorted and clear signs erected.

As for the rest, my views stand as per the other thread, which for the sake of boredom I won't repeat here :-) other than to say I hope I never need the services of The Nancy Oldfield Trust, but should I, its good to know its there and they deserve supporting.

+ 1 Strowager & Kfurbank :clap

As you say hopefully should any of us need this service at some time in the future hopefully the selfish & churlish attitude taken elsewhere would not prevail.