BSC

Guest Jonny

Jonny, Before spending a lot of time and money on work for your BSC it may be a good idea to get an examiner to look it over, they will usually not charge you any more for this, as long as they are local and will give you a list of items to be attended to, unfortunately with BSS it is the examiners interpretation of what is in the book that counts and that varies a lot from person to person.

Ian

Ian mate we was thinking about reading through what need to be changed to pass the BSS but then reading the broaads sheet lastnight we thought why not take Curlew to one of these events where people can look over the boat for free? can't remember what its called now they have one event at ranworth staithe and i think oulton broad?

good idea or bad? :pirate

The waveny have one as well I think but it may just have been last year that they ran them. Thing is unless you are going to use the same examiner to do the BSS you could well still fail even if you have done the recomended work, It is better to get an examiner to test the boat in its current state, do the modifications he asks for and then get him to check the bits you have modified, will only charge you his traveling time and if he is local will probably not charge at all for the second look.

Ian

Ian we have not done anychanges to Curlew since the previece owner had her only put another Fridge in so i dont see no season why she will not pass again first time