caravelle

gary01

• 1 year later...

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting your latest pictures.

You have got your work cut out for you but with time you should get there in the end.

I especially liked the picture of the plank stuck out of the back, it took me back to when I was transporting 12 foot plus hardwood (I know get with the program, but I still tend to work in metric inches) planks home stuck though the sunroof on my old Scorpio I had at the time to make my conservatory and dresser.

Good luck with the project and please keep us posted.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

transom is now fitted and had a layer of thinned varnish will be sanded then another layer of thinned varnish before final sanding and 5 layers of varnish ... planking is also complete midships , 3 small planking jobs left that i can see until we reach deck height . 

post-576-0-88882700-1376157614_thumb.jpg

post-576-0-74219400-1376157761_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

just a little update as requested , not been to caravelle for nearly a month due to working 11 hour days and most weekends , unfortunately i may not get much done the next few months because i'm out of work from today . would really like a job in a boatyard full or part time if anyone knows of anyone wanting to give me a chance. (or anything else 30 mile radius of watton or loddon area)

on a positive note had a nice trip from norwich to hardley mill and back after a picnic bank holiday monday on a hire boat with the gf and 2 friends , it was first time for all 3 of them and there hooked ..

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

got a bit more done this weekend . got lower part of hull totaly sanded on starboard then 2 layers of pre kote then caulked , portside has been scraped ready for sanding down , re done a few small bits and sanded the rear walls of cabin ready for new varnish

post-576-0-99680700-1381082686_thumb.jpg

post-576-0-60412300-1381082718_thumb.jpg

• Like 1