Unusual Trailer Launch

GrantS

I was flicking through some boat vids on you tube (as you do) and came across this.

I don't think i have ever seen a boat launched on a road trailer in this way before.

It doesn't look like a very safe way of doing it and i would be blowed if i would let somebody lower my boat into the water in this way.

Epecially being inside it at the time. They're flippin mad. :shock:

I bet there's a few H&S comments on this one. LOL

Not so sure about that, seems OK to me Grant, the trailer was supporting the boat better than the strops alone would have done so less chance of hull stress, there were bunks on the trailer, not rollers so it wasn't going to come off untill it was afloat.

I was flicking through some boat vids on you tube (as you do) and came across this.

I don't think i have ever seen a boat launched on a road trailer in this way before.

It doesn't look like a very safe way of doing it and i would be blowed if i would let somebody lower my boat into the water in this way.

Epecially being inside it at the time. They're flippin mad. :shock:

I bet there's a few H&S comments on this one. LOL

:wave that was weird to say the least, ive never ever seen a boat being launch like that before, :o i'm shocked, i just don't understand why they did'nt take the boat off the trailer, they certainly have a weird way of going about things over there, :roll::roll: lori :Stinky

That seemed to work ok with regards to the launch but I bet it would have been tricky getting it back on the trailer.

Pity there was not a video of that, it would be worth seeing how they did it.

With recovery of the boat on a trailer you use the winch to aid getting the boat in the correct position.

Regards

Alan

That looked like Conway marina in North Wales to me maybe the Welsh have different H&S laws. :o

Interesting marina Conway, it was dug out to fabricate the sections of the Conway tunnel on the A55. The sections were then floated out and welded to the piece in front. When the tunnel was finished they knocked the wall through to let the sea in. The first or biggest I forget which, maybe both, tunnel of its kind in the world.

Hi All,

The trailer is a typical American type, with full length carpeted " bunks " to support the hull. The trailer is the same as the one I have, they work very well for towing and slip-way launching, but you cannot get lifting straps through between the bunk and the hull, so crane lifting is very difficult, hence what you see in the picture.

Paul